Chapter 20 - Prophecies

"Are you afraid of your fate little kitten?" Jake whispered as we entered a door opposite the cell I turned and punched him in the stomach and smirked as be bent over holding himself in pain, Good, the ass hole deserved it.
I then turned and walked into the room ignoring the laughter of the others and trying to ease the knots forming in my stomach.
We entered the wooden door and walked in and all I saw, were shelves. Shelves lined the walls everywhere and scrolls were spread out over the table in the centre of the room with a magnifying glass elegantly sprawled over a beautiful crumbling old drawing. The colours of books lightened the room but the table called to me, it drew me close and near to it.

I could almost hear it whisper my name...

I pushed past everyone else in the room and went towards the calling from the table. I went to scroll buried under the others and pulled at it out of the pile. The paper felt old and the dust tingled at my fingers. I heard a gasp come from behind me but I was too engrossed to this old page and I didn't understand why. Then I glanced at it, the old material lingering in my hand, the paper was brown and tearing at the edges from the times the paper must have been roughly handled. Then I saw the picture in the middle done in faded inks and I knew this was the prophet, this was my prophet calling out to me. I could feel my wolf inside me pacing with knowledge she was jumping to share but she was waiting for me to analyse this prophet for some reason. I then saw the photo, there was a crescent moon at the centre top of the elderly page and yellowing in colour and it shone down to the ground where it was a young women who looked exactly like me, she had long blonde hair cascading down her side as her side was turned to me for she was turned towards a wolf, my wolf form. Her eyes were closed and she rested her head against the white wolf's head and my wolf also has her eyes closed in this image. The colours were faded but I knew what it was it was the prophecy of me.

This was proven when I saw a line in old Roman font below the fading picture saying, "Divini revertar", which I do not know what is says. 'It means, "The God's will return," my wolf echoes into my head and then I knew it was true I was the return of the Moon Goddess.

Being so engrossed into the piece of prophecy I did not notice the rest come up behind me until Julia spoke, "Quite cool, isn't it". I just curtly nodded in return and she began to ramble on. "I have been stuck down here for years trying to figure out all the old prophecies and translating scrolls than can teach werewolves about our past and our wolves better. I always knew these prophecies about our God's coming back would occur, everyone thought I was crazy but now you are here and you can save us all". My ears perked up and my eyebrows scrunched down in confusion at that word, save, what did she mean save? Save them from what? I am just one human and saving means sticking around here and I just want to keep running, run from my past, my family and Noel.

"I can tell from your face that you are dazed and confused at what I am talking about, maybe you should sit down and let me sit down", Julia's observation cut through my thoughts and the next thing I know she ushers the other silent werewolves out of the study and bulls out a seat at the table for me to sit down in. I sit down in the chair and give Julia a quick thank you as she sits down herself.

"Now we need to begin from the start okay so I will pull out the prophecies connected with you, your mate and talk you through it." I look at her when she says mate, I can't have a mate. "My mate is also in these?" The words slipped from my mouth, I was terrified, finding my mate would mean love and love just leads to pain in my experience, even if it sounds childish. I looked at her waiting for a response and she rolled her eyes at my question like I was a stupid child and answered, "Of course your mate is mentioned he is the Moon God, the mate of the Goddess not as popular to pray to for the Goddess is intelligence and strength where he is more the god of Peace Keeping and Courage. You and him are said to both to be reborn around the same time as to be the same age, mate and fulfil your prophecy". I did not like the sound of this, not one bit. "Look it shows you two meeting right here, doesn't say anything but it is you two together". Julia cut through my thoughts again as she pulled out another page from the pile and lay it out in front of me.

As the first one the paper was brown, faded and tearing but also slightly crumpled. There in the middle was clearly the human version of me facing this man who was obviously my mate and a man that looked similar to Noel but different. He was leaning down to me with his head rested on mine and both our eyes closed as we seemed happy in each others brace. He had dark brown hair but his features were very similar to Noels. I grasped the sheet from Julia and held it close to me, at the happy thought of having a mate, of not running away. Then I remembered, the people I love can die, or worse, leave. I left the sheet back on and turned to Julia so she could start ranting about the prophecy again and so she did.

"Okay because your new and it is getting late I'll explain it as quickly as possible to you." She brought out a page covered in Latin writing in a Roman font. "So this", she explains", basically says that you and your mate are destined to save your wolves from threats like Hunter's and trained Rogues who are a danger to your race. You and your mate will meet when the forces against our race are at it's largest, will mate, connect packs everywhere together and take out the threat, saving us werewolves from extinction."

Well shit.

What am I meant to do now?

________________________________________________________

SORRY GUYS

REALLY SORRY

GCSES AND SCHOOL AND URGH

PLEASE ENJOY

KEEP READING

ITS SUMMER UPDATES ARE GOING TO BE BETTER, MORE FREQUENT!!