Chapter 5 - Good Bye New York

Noel lifts me up and puts my back pack on his shoulder. He runs out of the phone booth with me sobbing uncontrollably in his arms. I can see past the blurs that people are staring but I don't care. Every time I talk to them and face the fact that I loved them but can never see them again. Hurts. I will only be the odd one out and they will never fill the void of my parents. Why do I even try to fill that void?

Noel looks down at me with pain in his eyes. "Don't worry, we'll be gone soon". He comforted me while kissing my hair and running even faster. Adrenaline rushed through my body. I don't like crying in front of Noel. I'm weak, too weak to even be a rogue, let's face it I'm worthless and there is no point in saying I'm not. My parents are dead and my pack is with a good leader. Noel needs some one stronger for him to run with, Noel needs some one better to comfort him than me. Noel has stopped and it seems we are at a back road with fields surrounding us and he was now sitting down leaning against a lone tree cuddling me in his arms.

I strangled out another sob. My breathing was fast and my lungs were ready to collapse and there was a hole burning in my heart. "Just leave me here". I hiccuped after and more tears leaked out. Noel's rough hand caressed my face and moved my blond lock which were getting bright out of my face. "Just give me a reason". He stated. He didn't want to leave me here and I could see the pain in his eyes at me wanting to go. "I'm weak and you need some one stronger, your broken. You've lost love and I'm broken to, like a plate. I'm cracked and you need a better and stronger wolf to be there for you. You shouldn't have to be here for me when you need more comfort than I do". He smiled while rubbing his thumb across my cheeks rubbing away the tears. "This is the first time you have cried. I can handle it and you are strong. Stronger than any she cub I have ever seen, your parents would have been proud at the strength you have showed". I cracked a crooked smile and whispered hoarsely. "Thank you". 

With that exhaustion took over and I fell asleep in his arms while the beautiful sun rays hit us both under the lone tree.

I'm in a field, the wind whips at my loose curls and the field seems deserted. The cold whips nip my skin and leave it stinging where it nip. The fog falls upon the field and soon I will not be able to see my eyes. In the distance I hear the howls, but not of the wind. It was a wolves song the the covered blood moon.

Then all of a sudden the fog is rising to cover another lonely place. I see now in the distance a white wolf staring at me. I crouch in a running position crouch. In case I needed to run away from this majestic wolf. The wolf bows their head to show they will not harm me. I slowly get up and even the wind seems to quiet down and the grass doesn't even crunch under my weight. My feet move slowly sliding against the grass as my brain fight every step towards the wolf to run. I walk closer and closer to the wolf. Their head stays bowed and my hand reaches out to the wolf's head.

I ruffle the beautiful white fur drowned in the bloody light of the moon. It seemed to sparkle in an light and felt so soft in my hands and fluffy, it was unreal. Amazed by the wolf's beauty I ease up and my body stops being so stiff and my shoulder's relax. "Who- o  a - are yo - u"? My voice stutters and the wolf's big bright blue eyes. "My name is Zaria". I gasp. Zaria was out moon goddess, the ultimate Luna of all wolves. Her voice was in my head for the wolf looked at me deep in the eyes saying it was her.

I stood back and held up my hands to keep her away. "This is just a dream". Zaria stands up full height and towers over me looking down at me. "I have come to warn you". I kneel down as the wolf's head inches towards me. I tilt my head right up and concentrate on those brilliant husky eyes of her's. I let her continue, this time ready to listen. "When you shift you are in constant danger, they will recognize your wolf's power and alpha voice too strong, you see little Danica I am your wolf". My mouth opens at the serious tone exploding in my head and filling in the blanks all around it. I choke on my own words a surprise. "But how, why, how is this possible"? The wolf lifted their head and it looked like it was laughing at my shock.