Chapter 9 - Killer Birthday's

Four years have passed since the incident. It took a while but we got Carmina back to her determined self day by day and every bit of the way grew stronger. Noel is now Thirteen and he will shift. Me and him will both shift this year and train our wolves for High School. Carmina is our Guardian and has all the paper work done out. We were preparing Noel too shift. Carmina gave him loads of food and pain killers. She drew a circle in the grass in chalk for him to shift in and tonight he will and we can determine him and how powerful his wolf is in a test. He has to kill his first real hunter.

Me and Carmina sat outside the circle while Noel sat in the middle in weird old battered clothes. Carmina says it was the clothes of her slave and it would do no harm to rip them up. We sat and waited while Noel sat there hugging his knees to his already toning chest. Sweat dripped from him and I knew he was nervous and scared. His hair shielded him from the prying eyes of us two hungry lionesses fro seeing him shift. His body was literally shaking out of fear for the temperature was mild outside.

Then I heard the quivering female voice Noel still had for he has not yet preached in Puberty. Us wolves hit Puberty when we shift which is usually on our Thirteenth. "Danica, please come here. I'm scared". I start to walk hesitantly. Each bit of grass I got closer to him my heart punded heavier. My feet wanted to glue themselves to the ground while my palms started to sweat. Discomfort was definetely beaming off my face in hot sun rays. I sat beside him on the grass and noticed Carmina walking away. Even though we helped her being around a shift is putting her and Noel in danger. Noel will be to vulnerable for Carmina's hungry killer.

As soon as Carmina got out of hearing range Noel wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his lap stroking my golden field of wheat bouncing down in curls from my head. He started to whiper in my ear so faint all his fears and nerves. "What if I cry out, or what if my wolf is not good enough. What if I die tonight and never see you again and what if we find out we're mates when we're sixteen. Until your shift you will not understand all my senses and Horomones will be heightened and my wolf will push and push until all my emotions are dealt with. I'm scared Danica. What if my wolf hates me or I never get to see your two big brown eyes ever again. I'm scared Danica of everything and I'm dreading the pain". He then inhaled my scent to calm his nerves. I stood up and turned grabbing his hand and making him look up into my eyes.

"I won't leave you. I pinky swear", I whispered to him and he smiled showing little dimples and I could see some of the tensing in his shoulders loosen. He whispered back, "Thank you Sun Flower". I laughed at the cute nickname but then Noel let go and his body went limp. Then a bloodcurtling scream rang through the empty fields around us. It was Noel. I could hear the bones start to break and Noel's whimpers and cry's I stroked his back but it litterally broke under my touch and aother scream came from Noel's mouth. I could see each individul bone shift and fur start to grow. I started to pet his back again and notice his body was mostly in his wolf shift. That meant one part was left. His head. Then I heard the biggest crack of the night and heard screaming. It felt like hours.

He kept crying and I looked away too afraid to look. I shut my eyes and started to sing an Alibi for him to calm him down. Then the cracking stopped and I heard the most beautiful sound fly through the air. Noel's howl. I looked and saw a beautiful wolf in front of me. He was taller than me but not as big as he will be once he reaches his full strength when his wolf becomes and adult at eighteen. His wolf was white with black patterns and tips at the end of his fur. But it was his eyes that were enchanting, instead of the green I saw. I saw a brilliant ice blue in his eyes. They stared at me and the wolf looked at me and bowed his head.

I walked over and ruffled the animals head's fur. It felt like soft silky air under my fingers and I was so enchanted and fixated on him. The wolf lay on the ground and I jumped on its beautiful back. I heald on and wrapped my arms around his neck and then he ran. I was thrilled. I have never gone this fast, everythign literally blurred around me. Then he stopped and started sniffing the air and then started to growl. He whipped his head towards the house and started growling. Something was wrong. He lay down and waited for me to get off. I did as signaled and jumped off. Noel turned towards me and I looked into thise big ice eyes. He licked my cheeck and then turned towards to the house walking towards it very quietly and slowly. I watched and wondered what was wrong......