Chapter 28~Christmas Spirit With the Ex Gang Members

You know when you have that feeling in the pit of your stomach that just does more flips than the scariest rollercoaster in the world?

Or maybe when your body freezes more than an ice sculpture?

Yeah, well that's exactly what I was feeling at this exact moment when I was told that the guy I thought was a bad ass with a kind heart, was actually a mega bad ass, who used to be in a gang but still has a heart- I hope.

I blinked at him once.

Twice.

Even Thrice.

But nothing could shake off what he had just told me.

Ryan freaking Einstien used to be a gang member.

"Uh, Muffin? You ok?"

I snapped back into reality with Ryan's words. "Oh um, yeah ok...wow".

I took a sharp breath in to try and clear my mind. I even tried thinking about my next cup of coffee but nothing was working. This news was too much.

"Look I know it's a lot to take in but I had to tell you I-"

"No..."

He looked down straight away, ashamed of himself. But I wouldn't let that happen, I was in love with the guy for goodness sake. This was his past. Not the present or future. This doesn't affect anyone so I placed my hand on his chin lifted his head and said, "Oh shut up. Don't look like a wuss. You're an ex-gang member for god's sake" I say in a playful tone.

We both laughed, it's good to see the mood lightened up a little.

"But really Ryan...thank you for telling me"

"Well..." he says in a weary tone.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Well, what Ryan?"

"I'm kind of in a little trouble with my ex-gang. That's why I have the other guys with me"

I felt a massive lump in my throat. Oh geez.

You know that time when I said this was Ryan's past and wouldn't affect anyone? Yeah well, I think that's all going to change...like right now.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE IN TROUBLE?" I exploded, but Ryan had already parked in front of a wide building and hopped out of the car.

Damn it.

I quickly got out of the car and jogged behind Ryan to try and catch up to him.

"Ryan...Ryan!"

He turned around to me looking really stressed out, "OK MUFFIN!" He shouts which shuts me up quickly.

"I'm sorry, ok? I'm sorry that I brought you and put you in this mess but please muffin...please just let me explain. Let me tell you my side of the story" he begs.

I'm such an idiot. I did it again.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've been acting like a complete...bitch lately. We'll talk about this at my house later. For now...show me this mysterious warehouse of yours". I give him a wink and a cheeky smile.

He bit his lip and nodded, "Well, if you say so"

So together, hand in hand we walked into a massive warehouse that had a steel staircase, a massive table, a small kitchen on the side, a t.v, couches and even a sound system.

Who were these kids?

"WELCOME ALEXIS HARRINGTON TO OUR ULTIMATE HANGOUT" Ashton shouts from the top of the steal staircase.