Chapter 18~ Jumping My Windows

"So you think we are going too fast?"

"Well, it's a good fast but I'm not sure if it's too fast, you know?"

"That made no sense"

"Yeah I know"

We both laughed at the same time. Ryan and I had been talking and laughing for about two hours.

"Well, if you want we can slow it down"

"But not too much" Wow, Alexis way to seem desperate.

"Haha, of course, Muffin. Anything for you". That just made my heart all warm and gooey.

"I'm hungry, what about you?"

"Yeah, we haven't eaten since the afternoon. Now that you've brought it up, I'm actually starving. Let me go downstairs and whip something up".

"Muffin, you and I know that you can't cook for shit"

True.

"And you and I also know that I'm a bad ass that gets away with anything."

Also true.

"So what are you suggesting Einstein?"

"Well, neither you nor I want another encounter with your sister" I nod vigorously. "So, I'll just go get some take away".

"But then we will still come across Ariella. The front door downstairs, remember?". I head towards my door to just head downstairs and grab a couple of sandwiches. 

"Muffin, you shouldn't doubt my skills" I turn around to face him, now I'm really confused.

"What are you-"But before I could finish, my bedroom window was open. I run to the window. Is this boy crazy?! I look down out the window and see a Ryan holding on the dents of the brick wall. He climbs down carefully.

"Ryan, are you out of your mind?"

"Shh Muffin, I'm trying to concentrate"

"Concentrate on what?"

"Trying not to die?" He sounded out of breath

"Ryan get back up here"

"Muffin, please stop-".Oh shit. He fell.

"Holy shit, Ryan are you alive?"

He groans loudly. He lies there in the patch of green grass with a few twigs in his hair.

"Muffin, when I tell you I'm trying not to die, I really mean it" He gets up and dusts off his clothes.

"Sorry..."

He laughs it off, "don't worry, I'm not damaged which is good" He walks away toward the footpath of the street.

"Ryan, where are you going"

"To get food, so I can fill up that small tummy of yours. Plus, we did it without your sister knowing. Told you I was a genius, my last name is Einstein for a reason". I roll my eyes at his remark.

"What are you going get?"

"It's a surprise, I'll be back soon".

And then he was, running down the street until he was out of sight. But one thing both of us didn't think through was how on earth we were going to get the food and Ryan back up.

Ok, Alexis, this is your time to actually think of something smart. I looked around my room to find something that could be useful. To be honest, half the shit in my room is junk. Like I mean I didn't need the same type of lipstick but in eight different colours. Or four pairs of the same Nike shoes but in different patterns and colours. I continue to roam around until I find my washing basket. I picked it up and tried to look for some type of rope. Skipping rope? I looked in my gym section. I shuffled around the dumbbells, shoes, mats and...skipping rope! I grabbed it and tied one end to the handle of the basket. Done.