6 - Let It Snow

Pairing : Matt Smith and Karen Gillan

Fandom: Doctor Who

Prompt: Your OTP snowed in 

Words: 625

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh the weather outside is frightful

and the fire is so delightful

Since we've no place to go

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

After Karen left Doctor Who, the two best friends hadn't seen each other much, but they always reunited every Christmas. Karen spent Christmas in Northampton with Matt this year. They alternated each year, they'd spend Christmas Eve in Inverness and then Christmas day in Northampton, or vice versa. It was also a White Christmas this year in Northampton. 

"That was an amazing dinner, Lynne," Karen said. 

"Karen and I can do the dishes," Matt volunteered. Karen was a bit confused as she didn't know about this, but she was fine with it. 

The two spent a good two and a half hours doing the dishes. Half the time it was a soap war and the other half they were trying hard to not break anything. "Only you could make washing dishes fun," Karen laughed and cupped a handful of dish soap from the sink and rubbed it all over Matt's chin so he looked like he had a Santa beard. Then they spent the next half an hour taking ridiculous selfies with dish soap. 

"We forgot to dry those dishes," Matt pointed out. They spent an hour drying the dishes and methodically putting them away so that it wouldn't all crash and break. 

Matt and Karen finally walked out of the kitchen 4 hours later. "What took you two so long?" Lynne, Mat''s mum asked. Matt and Karen burst out laughing, it was no wonder everyone in the house assumed they were probably making out or doing something sexual in there. Instead, the idiots were playing with dish soap for 4 hours. 

"You staying for some drinks, Kazza?" Matt asked. 

"Of course I am. It wouldn't be Christmas without some drinks would it?" she grinned. "I even brought Irn Bru."  They drank and sang Christmas carols for the next few hours, and before they knew it, it was 1 am. The weather outside was still looking terrible. The wind had knocked down several telephone booths, and the snow was at least 3 feet high.

"Karen, it's too dangerous outside. Why don't you stay for a longer while until the storm passes," Lynne suggested. 

"Why don't you just stay the night?" Matt asked casually. 

"Sure," Karen said. 

Lynne got up from her seat," I'll clear the guest room for you, dear." 

"It's alright, she can stay in my room. I-I'll sleep on the floor," Matt interrupted. 

Lynne hesitated. "Well if it's okay with you, Kaz..."

"Yeah, definately," Karen smiled shyly.

It was 3 am, and they finally decided to sleep. "You take the bed, I'll sleep here on the floor." Matt said. 

"You sure?" Karen asked, climbing into Matt's bed.

Matt nodded," Goodnight, Kaz." 

"Raggedy man, goodnight." she smiled. 

Only a few minutes had passed by, when Matt started sneezing. "Matt? Are you cold?" 

"No, I'm not co-achoo," Matt sneezed again and tried to keep himself from shivering on the cold hardwood floor. 

Karen laughed," Yes you are cold, stupid face. Come on, we can share the bed." 

"No, it's fine I- achoo." 

"Don't be silly."

Matt finally gave in- to Karen and the cold, and curled up in his bed beside Karen. 

"Much better than the floor, isn't it?" she mumbled. 

"Mm," he replied. This was all he wanted for Christmas, to be with Karen. He just wanted to hold her close. Yes , she was in his bed but he didn't need to have sex with her, her very presence here was all he ever wanted. He whispered," Merry Christmas."