2- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause

Characters: Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, and Gale Hawthorne

Fandom: The Hunger Games

Rated: G

Prompt: Katniss and Peeta need somebody to dress up as Santa for their kids.

Words: 702

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus

Underneath the mistletoe last night.

She didn't see me creep

Down the stairs to have a peek

5 year old Rye Mellark and 3 year old Willow Mellark ran around the Christmas tree, singing "The Hanging Tree", a song their mother Katniss sang for them all the time. The fresh smell of pine filled the Mellarks' living room. Katniss had brought in a fallen pine tree from the woods outside, since the kids had always wanted the Christmas experience. This would be the first year the kids would be old enough for this, and Katniss and Peeta wanted their kids to have a nice childhood. She even found a mistletoe plant in the woods and hung one on the ceiling, just for the sake of it. Peeta used it as an excuse to kiss her a lot. 

"You know what we need, Peeta?" Katniss said as she watched her children run around the tree. 

"What? More bread?" Peeta asked, glancing at the kitchen. 

Katniss rolled her eyes," No. We need Santa Claus." 

"Katniss. Santa's not real," Peeta whispered. 

"I've got a plan," Katniss grinned. 

Later that day, Katniss went over to Gale's house to put her plan into action. She knocked on the door, but it wasn't Gale who answered, but his mother. "Hello, Hazelle." 

"Katniss! You must be looking for Gale. He's out hunting in the woods," she said. Of course. Katniss thanked her and dashed through the snow to find Gale. 

Even though Gale was supposed to be camoflaging himself so he could hunt the deer he was tracking, Katniss could clearly see him. Peeta was better at this, she thought. 

"Gale!"  she called out loudly. The deer's head jerked up and trotted away in the opposite direction. 

"Damn you, Katniss!" Gale groaned. "You scared away my deer!"

"This is important, Gale," Katniss insisted. 

"What is it?" he asked, worried. 

"Well, President Snow was the only other person who looked like Santa, but he's you know, dead, so I'm going to need you-" Katniss began. 

Gale interrupted her," Wait what? What do you mean Snow was the only other person who looked like Santa? Are you implying that I look like Santa?"

"Yes, and you would be the perfect Santa for my kids. Please, Gale."

"NO way."

"Please Gale, I'll do anything, I promise." 

Gale's ears perked up. "Anything?" Katniss nodded, she was pretty desperate to find someone to be Santa. Gale finally agreed, and Katniss gave him an old Santa costume that Cinna had designed a long time ago. 

After an evening of playing with "Santa", it was time for the kids to go to sleep. Peeta tucked Willow and Rye into bed, but then Willow had to go to the bathroom while Peeta was reading them a story about bread. 

Meanwhile, Gale and Katniss were still downstairs. "That. Was exhausting. I'm never doing that again, you got that?" 

"Thank you though, the kids had an amazing Christmas." Katniss said. 

"You still owe me," Gale pointed out. 

Katniss forgot about that. "Right. What do you want me to do? I can shoot you some deer, set some snares-"

Gale still didn't know what he wanted Katniss to do for him. Maybe the deer option, he thought, since she scared away the deer so she owed him a deer. Then, his eyes landed on the mistletoe that happened to be hanging right above them. "Kiss me." Gale said. 

"What?" Katniss said. Gale pointed at the mistletoe and Katniss groaned. "Fine," she muttered, and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before Peeta came down. "Merry Christmas, Gale. See you tomorrow," Katniss said, pushing her friend out the door quickly. Once Gale was gone, she glanced at the stairs, no sign of Peeta. She sighed of relief, thank god Peeta didn't see that. What would he say? She was glad no one had to see that, and that Snow wasn't watching her anymore. She finally had some privacy- or so she thought... little did she know Willow Mellark had seen the whole thing.

- the end -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N 

LOL okay so that was just a silly random thing I decided to write.. feel free to comment what ships you want me to write about or give me some prompts to write about! :)