5 - Do They Know It's Christmastime

Pairing: Henry Higgs and Eliza Dooley

Fandom: Selfie

Prompt: : I was your secret santa at work but i gave you some out of date chocolate by accident so now i'm buying you a drink to apologise 

Words: 372

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Christmas time,
there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time,
we let in light and we banish shade

Henry looked at the small box of chocolates his Secret Santa had given him. He looked at the note attached to the back of the box: You're totes fab merry Christmas Henry xoxo -Santa
There was only one person in this office who would use the term "totes fab" , Eliza Dooley.

"Thank you for the chocolates, Eliza," Henry said.

Eliza pretended to act shocked," How d'you I know it was me?"

"You're the only one who would say totes fab, and give an expired box of chocolates," Henry stated.

Eliza was shocked - for realsies this time. "What?! No way," Eliza said.

"Best before February 14th 2003," Henry frowned.

Eliza opened her mouth but nothing came out. She randomly found these chocolates sitting in her pantry. Her ex from 2003 must have given them to her. "I'm sorry Henry, um I-I'll buy you a drink how's that?"

"You really don't need to-"

"It's Christmas, come on."

"It's December 22nd, it's not Christmas," Henry protested

"It was basically Christmas the day after Halloween," Eliza said

"Fair enough. One drink then," Henry sighed. It was nearly Christmas after all.

That evening after work, Eliza and Henry went to the local pub for drinks. "One drink, that's it," he clarified.

"Don't be so... Henry and afraid." Eliza said. She clinked her bottle with Henry's and they both chugged straight from the bottle.

After an entire bottle, Henry and Eliza were both pretty drunk. "Hey look, a mistletoe," Henry said, pointing at the ceiling even though , in fact ,there was nothing there but a light.

Eliza laughed hysterically," Remember when you thought that holly was mistletoe?"

"You did, not me." Henry sSid

"Yeah, but you liked it didn't you?" Eliza said, leaning closer. Her breath reeked of alcohol, but so did his.

"Maybe a little," Henry groaned, and shoved his mouth into Eliza's. "Merry Christmas."