(26) The Chase

“So we're going to be out looking for that stupid ass all night? And maybe longer?” Maryann asked as she watched the two lads and their friends disappear down the street.

“We might be, yes” Zayn stroked a hand through his hair, messing up his quiff before he started walking again.

“Maybe we should follow them?” Louis suggested, “Just to make sure that they get home alright?”

Zayn didn't answer, but he just leaped up on to the nearest rooftop and was soon followed by his two companions. As they followed the two teenagers they made sure to keep a good distance, making sure that someone wouldn't see them climbing roofs. Which would be rather odd.

“As soon as we see them walk in their own front doors we're getting back out there looking” Maryann said annoyingly as she stumbled after the two. Both of them keeping a faster pace than to her liking.

“Yeah, of course. We wouldn't want to disobey the king” Louis said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

They were lucky that it was such a beautiful night. The sky was clear, making the stars shine lightly down on to the city of London. Almost every window around town was dark, which made Louis hope that they were sleeping and not out in town. This bastard wouldn't be sparing anyone.

Louis came to a quick halt as he stumbled straight into Zayn's body. The boy was 'sushing' them furiously.

“Be quiet”

“What is it?” Louis asked as he took a step to the side, peeking down where Niall and Harry just were. “They're gone?” he shrieked, when he noticed the two lacking figures. Their friends was already back home, and the two lads was the only one who had been out on the street. This is not a good sign.

“I just looked down there, and a second later they were gone” Zayn said, “there's something wrong”

“Let me go see” Louis said as he leaped forward, only to be stopped by Zayn's strong arms.

“Don't” Zayn lowered his hand again, trusting Louis not to do anything.

“Why not?” Louis cried, desperately looking around for Harry and Niall.

“If it is who we think it is we don't want to scare him of. It is in fact him we're looking for” Zayn said as he fished his phone out of his pocket, quickly dialling a number. It didn't take long until there was someone on the other line. “Hi, I think we got him” Zayn said in to the phone before turning to Louis. “What street are we in?”

Not more than a minute later two other vampires appeared. Maryann took a few steps back by the sight of them. They look like they came right out of a Dracula movie. Both with short black hair and they were even whiter than Zayn, Louis and Maryann all together.

“What's the problem?” the tallest one asked, his voice husky and low. Zayn nodded for him to come closer. Even though the vampire they think are with Harry and Niall obviously is to busy with his victims than to hear them he don't want to speak to loud. Just in case.