(15) The Apology

When Louis woke up the day after he felt like shit. He couldn't think of anything other than last night's happening. The way he'd almost bit Harry without thinking, even though he thought that he had completely control over the situation. If Zayn hadn't been there to stop him who know what would've happen.

Louis slowly made his way out of bed and picked a pair of sweats and a tee to wear on his way out of the room. He found Zayn in the kitchen, sipping at a glass of blood.

“Good morning” Zayn smiled, trying his best not to be irritated at Louis. He was really mad that he hadn't listened, and that he'd invited Harry even though Zayn had told him not to.

“Yah. Morning” Louis muttered as he walked over to the fridge, pulling out a bottle of blood and purring it in to a glass. He popped it in to the microwave, setting the timer to 5 minutes before walking over to the kitchen island and flopping down on to a chair.

Zayn sighed, he really couldn't help to feel bad for the poor lad. “Are you alright?”

"Not really. I need to talk to Harry. Explain myself” Louis groaned, rubbing his temples as he did. It almost looked like he had a head ace, but that wasn't possible.

“You think that's a good idea?” Zayn sighed again, jumping of his chair.

“Yeah I do. I don't want him to think I'm a freak or anything, and I know I can do better than I did last night” Louis argued, watching as Zayn cleaned the now empty glass. The timer of the micro wave went of and Zayn quickly skipped over, pulling out the hot glass and placing it in front of an thankful Louis. “Thank you”

“You're welcome” Zayn smiled slightly, “If you're sure you can do it then go ahead. I won't stop you”

“Maybe you won't stop me, but you will come with me” Louis chuckled as Zayn's face fell in to a surprised frown.

“Why?”

“Because I need you there if I do anything stupid” Louis explained, “You're not coming inside. You'll just stay in the car”

Zayn reluctantly agreed and a few hours later they were parked outside Harry's house. To Zayn's dismay they sat there for a while, since according to Louis he needed to gather strength to go in there.

“Alright. I'm going” Louis said firmly, opening the door. When his foot touched the asphalt outside he changed his mind and the door was soon closed again. “Or maybe not”

“Oh come on Louis. You can do it” Zayn urged, showing Louis encouraging in the shoulder. Louis nodded and this time he almost got his whole body outside before he jumped back in and slammed the door shut once again.

“Fuck” Louis cursed, tapping his fingers nervously against the dashboard. “Why is this so hard?”

“Because you like the damn boy” Zayn stated the obvious, laughing as knowledge spread across Louis's face. “Now go for christ sake”

Louis finally got out of the car, and Zayn watched intently the whole time until Louis was safely inside the house. He sighed as he got himself comfortable against the car seat, tuning in on the voices inside the house so he could hear if something bad was happening.

It felt like almost an hour had passed when there was a loud knock against the car window, making Zayn jump in his seat and changing his attention towards the person standing outside. The blond looks and blue eyes couldn't be mistaken and he knew for a fact that it was Harry's friend that was standing outside.

The young lad motioned with his hands for Zayn to roll down the window, making him groan, but he did what he was told.

“What are you doing here?” Niall asked, curious why Zayn was lurking outside Harry's house. It didn't look like he was watching anyone as he'd found the lad half asleep in the drivers seat.

“Nothing. Just waiting” Zayn mumbled. It had gotten insanely hot inside the car, so Zayn pulled himself out of the jacket he was wearing, throwing it in the backseat.

“Waiting for who?” Niall asked, still incredibly curious.

“Louis. He's apologizing to Harry” Zayn sighed, stealing another glance up at the younger boy. He wasn't bad to look at, rather the opposite. He's blond looks were slightly ruffled, making it look like he'd just gotten out of bed, even though Zayn knew for a fact that Niall probably used plenty of time to get it just that way.

“Apologizing?” Niall hesitated, “for what?”

“Harry came over to ours last night. Their goodbye wasn't so good” Zayn explained, trying not to give away to much.

“Oh, so he finally called huh?” Niall asked, chuckling as he thought back at how frantic Harry had been only the day after he gave his number to Louis. He knew for a fact that he was crushing on the older boy and Niall hoped that he wouldn't get hurt in the process.

“Yeah” Zayn muttered, watching as he spotted Louis coming back out on to the porch. Niall kept ranting, but Zayn didn't pay attention at all, more curious at what was happening outside the house. He tuned in to their conversation, wanting to hear what they were talking about.

“So everything alright?” Louis asked, wanting to reassure himself that he was forgiven.

“Yeah. I'm sorry that I ran of. I just didn't know what happened and I kinda freaked out” Harry explained, smiling slightly as he leaned against the doorframe. Louis smiled too, taking a step forward to kiss him, but stopped as Harry quickly stumbled backwards to avoid just that. “Sorry”

Louis nodded knowingly as Harry motioned towards the kitchen where Harry's mum had just been. There was probably some unsolved business right there.

“I'll see you next weekend then?” Louis asked, taking a few steps back, getting ready to leave. Harry nodded, opening his arms and Louis gladly went in for a friendly hug. “Bye”

Harry waved goodbye and walked back inside, letting the door stay open as he'd spotted Niall across the street talking to Zayn. Which surprised him according to Niall confessing how much Zayn freaked him out.

Soon enough Niall emerged in the doorway of Harry's bedroom, greeting him hello before walking over to his bed, flopping down. “What's up?”

“You tell me” Harry said, chuckling as Niall's cheeks grew red.

“What? We just talked” he offended, reaching out and grabbing a magazine that was laid next to him and started to flip through it. He hummed silently to himself, trying to ignore Harry who was standing above him with an expecting look. “What?” he finally spat, glancing up from the magazine.

Harry chuckled as he flopped down on to the bed, throwing a hand around his best friends shoulder. “Whatever. You'll tell me when the time is right”

“Yeah right” Niall snorted.

“Right. Now, I talked to nana” Harry smiled, making Niall throw the magazine on to the table and turn his complete attention to him. “We flipped through the yearbook together, and when the Zayn look alike showed up she told me some interesting stuff”

“Like what?” Niall asked, curious to what she could've said that would make Harry so interested in the case.

“He was the most popular guy in school, but people was a bit afraid of him. Some people made up rumours that he was a vampire” Harry said, making Niall shiver at the mention of the word vampire. Harry had forced him to see to many horror movies including those things. “The strange thing is that this guy was also called Zayn Malik. Weird huh?”

“You don't seriously think that he actually was a vampire? And that the guy living with Louis is the same guy as the one who went to school with your grandma?” Niall asked, a bit scared by the thought.

“Of course not. I'm not stupid. First of all vampires doesn't exist. And secondly it's probably Zayn's grandfather, and he's just named after him” Harry laughed, amused by the scared expression on Niall's face. Vampires! That's a good one.