(17) The Reunion

The next few weeks went by quickly and Louis and Harry grew closer and closer by the day. Louis managed to keep his secret to himself and fortunately Harry hadn't asked anything else after the day in Zayn's room.

The two boys had had a few incidents where Louis wanted to bite him, but he always managed to pull back in time. And as Louis promised he stayed away from Harry when he was particularly hungry. Like he was today.

Harry had called a few hours ago, wondering if Louis wanted to hang out. He hadn't really believed the excuse Louis was giving him, but he'd eventually giving in, not wanting to be so pushy. The last thing he wanted was to loose Louis because he was so needy.

“I'm hungry Zayn. We need to go to The Bloodbank” Louis stated, not really asking for permission. He was going even if Zayn was coming or not.

“Yeah, we'll go soon. I just need to finish this” Zayn mumbled from across the room, where he was standing folding clothes. He'd had to stay late at work almost every night the last few weeks and every time he had to clean uniforms and have them ready for the next day.

Louis felt sorry for Zayn, knowing that he hated his job terribly. Louis, on the other hand, loved his job. He loved his job as a P.E teacher, and the way he could help his students get in to better shape. Teenagers these days was so lazy that it was starting to become a problem. He chuckled slightly to himself at the thought, knowing that before he become a vampire he was just as lazy himself. He used to hate everything that involved running.

“I'm sorry” Louis whispered, looking over at Zayn.

“For what?”

“I don't know. For your stupid job” Louis tried, shrugging.

“It's fine. I'm doing fine. No problems” Zayn smiled happily, folding the last t-shirt and placing it neatly in to a bag. As he turned around he grabbed his phone of the table and walked out the door, knowing that Louis would follow suit. “The only reason I work late is because the chef's wife just had a baby. I understand that he wants to be home with his children and not work all night”

“Alright. I jus can't handle being home alone all the time any longer. Especially when Harry can't come over. I need someone to entertain me” Louis explained as he slipped on his shoes. Zayn slipped a hand around his shoulder, giving him a one side hug.

“I'm glad you appreciate my company” he laughed, leading his friend down the steps and on to the street in front of their complex. Their car was stood there waiting as always and they both slipped in quickly, driving of in the direction of the bar.

As they reached it they noticed that there was barely people there, and only few people in line. The easily found a parking lot and parked the car closer to the bar than they had ever done before. Zayn cocked an eyebrow, wondering what this was all about.

Louis skipped cheerfully across the street and headed straight for the door, not really caring to talk to the doorman. They were regulars now and just as everyone knew Zayn they also knew perfectly well who Louis was. Even though he was addressed to as Zayn's friend he really didn't care. He was just proud that he could walk straight in without getting in line.