(16) The Question

“Hey Zayn, go empty those tables over there would you?” Zayn's boss called from across the restaurant, mentioning towards a table that had just been abandoned.

“I'm right at it” Zayn yelled back, grabbing his trey and skipping over towards the mess. At first he'd had problems working at the restaurant, but he'd eventually gotten used to the terrible smell and now it was all working out just fine. His boss was kind of annoying though and Zayn did his best not to get to irritated.

“And Zayn?” his bossed began, walking across the room towards him. “I need you to stay behind a few more hours after closing time tonight. The chef's wife is having a baby and he's leaving when we close up. You need to clean up after him in the kitchen”

“Alright Mr. Kane” Zayn muttered, not really glad. He'd promised Louis to be right home after work so he could stay close when Harry came back over. It'd been a whole week since they saw each other and Louis was a bit unsure how he would handle it all.

“Something wrong?” Mr. Kane asked, now standing right behind the young waiter. Zayn turned around, placing the towel he was holding on to the table.

“No, not at all. Can I get a five minute break though? I just need to call my roommate and tell him I'll be late” Zayn asked.

“Make it quick and Just finish of this table first, and make it spotless. We're having some special guests over tonight” Mr. Kane smiled proudly, sweeping his finger over a near by table. He studied it closely before letting out an unsatisfied groan.

“Shall I clean all of them?” Zayn asked, smiling crookedly at his boss.

“Yes, that would be great” he said, grinning widely. “I'll be in the back doing some paperwork” he finished as he walked of.

“Yeah right. Paperwork” Zayn huffed under his breath, making Mr. Kane turn around, glaring.

“What was that?”

“I just said that I should get back to work” Zayn said quickly, covering up what he'd actually said.

“Oh right. Well go on then” Mr. Kane ushered, waving his hands at Zayn. The young boy twirled around and grabbed the towel, rubbing franticly at the nearest table. When his boss had finally walked away, he grabbed plates and glasses at the table placing them on to his trey. He finished of by placing a few bottles on there as well, balancing the trey on his shoulder as he walked of towards the kitchen.

--*--

Zayn let out a loud yawn as he locked himself in to the apartment, shoving the door open with his foot as he balanced a pile of clothes in his hands. His damn boss had made him do the laundry, as he was the last one to leave the restaurant that night. That bastard.

He'd completely forgot about Louis having company until he heard the laughter coming from the living room. He threw the clothes on to a pile on the floor and slipped of his shoes before skipping of in to the next room, finding Harry and Louis in a laughing heap on the couch.