Beginning of the Changing Seasons

As both Hermes and Kibum arrived on Olympus, the vegetation god felt his heart grow heavy; he was already starting to miss his dear husband.  Hermes escorted him all the way to the throne room where everybody had now gathered.  At seeing Kibum, Demeter ran up and hugged her son, "Thank Gia you're here, I thought I lost you forever." Kibum returned the hug half heartedly.  Sensing his sorrow Demeter pulled away, "What's wrong?" Before he could answer his mother he was tackled by another person.  Quickly realizing it was Taemin he wrapped both of his arms around his younger brother.  Out of anyone on Olympus Kibum missed his younger brother the most as he spent his time in the Underworld.  Pulling away Kibum saw that Taemin was becoming a blubbering mess, "I thought, when Jonghyun told me I..." Kibum ruffled his head, "I'm okay, little brother, trust me." Taemin nodded quickly and started swiping away his tears in the process.

The moment was short live when the bombing voice of Zeus echoed across the room, "Silence now, let us put this matter at some rest!" Taemin lowered his head before going to sit somewhere to see the procession while Demeter moved only a little bit away from Kibum.  When things were settled Zeus said, "We are gathered here today to witness the decision of the vegetation god, Persephone, on where he would like to stay for the rest of his existence." He paused a bit before continuing, "As you all were made aware of, Persephone was taken to the Underworld and is now married to Hades.  Even though the bond of marriage ties them together Persephone still has to free will to choose where to live.  Whatever decision he makes will be his and his alone.  Anyone that objects to this, speak now before I proceed with asking the question." The room was deathly silent.  Seeing this Zeus then asked Kibum, "Persephone, queen of the Underworld and son of Demeter, where would you like to stay for the rest of your days?" Everyone waited with baited breath for the answer.  Some gods and goddesses even leaned forwards in their thrones in anticipation.  Without any hesitation in his voice whatsoever Kibum answered, "I would like to remain in the Underworld, with my husband." This caused the whole room to go into an uproar.

Some deities were surprised at this and others were whispering under their breath.  All that went silent when Zeus raised his hand, "Are you sure?" Kibum nodded.  This caused Demeter to shout in outrage at Zeus, "Hades has tricked him somehow, making him believe that the cold heartless monster loves him." Sighing Zeus replied, "It's his decision Demeter I cannot sway him." "Oh really, so you'll let him stay with some monster than his own family." Kibum tuned out of the arguing.  Hearing his mother call the man he loved all those horrible things made his heart stop and them talking like he wasn't even there angered him.  This is the exact reason why he'd rather be with his husband than here.  He's dealt with this for too long, he won't go through with this kind of treatment, not again.  Enough, the word kept repeating in his head.  Finally he shouted out loud, "Shut up!!!" The raw power in his body collecting in his voice making it more louder than it was supposed to be.  Everybody stood in shock at this.

Getting everybody's attention Kibum said, "It's my decision to make, I'm no longer a child that needs to be treated differently than all the rest of you!  If I want to be with my husband who loves and cares for me than I will be with him; with or without your permission!  I'm sick of being treated this way!  Today, this ends now!  To everyone here I am not Persephone, son of Demeter; I am Kibum, god of vegetation, spring, and fertility and queen of the Underworld!  From this day forward you will do well to remember this for I will not repeat myself again!" The speech was met with stunned silence.  He took sick pleasure in the reaction.  Even his mother looked taken aback before she narrowed her eyes at him.

Then he felt it, she was sensing him.  Picking through his entire being with her aura.  He retaliated by using his aura to violently shove her's away from his core.  Too late though, she discovered something for her eyes widened in horror.  With a questioning look on his face he asked, "What?" With venom still on his tongue.  To respond she asked, "Did you eat anything before you left the Underworld?" Rolling his eyes he answered, "Yeah, I ate some pomegranate seeds why?" "How many?" She pressed.  Scoffing Kibum asked, "What does it matter?" In a desperate voice she asked again, "How many, Kibum?" This shocked Kibum to his core.  For the first time, since he was twelve, his mother was calling him by his preferred name.  Shaking off the shock he replied, "Six seeds." The answer caused Demeter to wail in despair.  Still having a confused look he heard his mother tell him, "The whole reason why I warned you of not eating or drinking anything while in the Underworld is because if any living being had even the smallest bit of food or drink that came directly from the Underworld then they have to stay there.  Since you ate six pomegranate seeds you have to stay there for those six months." It was time for Kibum to be shocked.  His husband knew of this but had him eat those seeds anyway.  Kibum knew he should be mad that his love had tricked him like this, but instead he felt happy that the other did it.

A sound of Zeus clearing his throat to get their attention.  Once he had it he stated, "I have come to a decision on this matter, but first, Demeter do you stand by with what you say about your son not being present?" Demeter nodded, "No flowers or wheat will grow and thrive if my son is not here." With a nod of understanding Zeus declared, "Then it is decided.  As a compromise to keep the peace between every god and goddess, I hereby decree that Kibum will spend six months here on the surface and the rest of the six months in the Underworld.  Six months for spring and warmth to the earth while the rest of the six months of the earth will be in covered in cold and snow.  All twelve gods on the council that are in favor of this decree raise your hand." The king of the gods raising his hand after saying that.  Hera then raised her hand after a while.  So did Ares, Poseidon, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hermes and Hestia. The only one on the council that didn't raise her's was Demeter.  However since the rules are that the council's decision had to be majority or nothing, the decree was passed.  Kibum was honestly surprised that it passed and how many gods and goddesses on the council actually voted yes.  With the decision passed Zeus the said, "Well then, have Iris inform my brother of this decree that will last for all time.  For now though, the council is dismissed." Everyone then rose and started doing there own thing.

Demeter not liking the decision turned to her eldest son and reluctantly said, "Even though I don't approve of your husband and all that he has done, if you truly love and accept him for who he is as well as he does with you... then that's all that matters." She then walked away.  Even though it was a patronizing thing to say Kibum knew it was the only acceptance of his decision in love that he was going to get.  Now that the decree was made and he finally showed everyone how he wanted to be seen, he knew there were going to be a lot of things changing.  Not just on Olympus but with the earth as well, for better or worse Kibum will stick with it.  As long as he still gets to be with his husband he doesn't care.