Matters of the Heart

After the day that Minho comforted him, Kibum went back to tending to his garden and wandering around the palace.  He even managed to visit Cerberus a few times.  As well as record his body reactions like he promised himself to.  For the past seventeen days he's been looking at himself and how he is around Minho.  During these days he figured out he's happier with Minho near him, even feels comfortable around the king.  It wasn't the same around anyone else but him.  One night Kibum even had a vivid dream that left him with pile of mixed confusion, embarrassment and desire settling in his body as he was in the comfort of his sheets.  Then yesterday, after Kibum checked on Minho to make sure he was doing alright.  He gave Minho another massage since the said god was in one of his frustrated moods and afterwards the king thanked Kibum by kissing the back of his hand before the young god left.  Kibum couldn't get it out of his head of how his skin tingled right at the spot where lips touched the skin.

With all of that recorded in his head Kibum had made a discovery of something he didn't want to admit but was undoubtedly true.  He's falling in love with Minho, and there was nothing he could do about it.  At first Kibum thought he was going insane but the things he's been feeling lately were the same things that Jonghyun had described to him all those weeks ago.

He wanted to be angry with himself.  The whole reason he thought of the wager was to not fall in love and to get out no matter what.  It didn't matter now though.  If he was being honest with himself, if he went back in time he wouldn't change anything.  Being on Olympus was hell for him, but here he is free to make his own decisions and not be judged for it by anybody.  For the first time in his life he felt truly happy.  He remembers Taemin saying to him one time, "You out of everyone deserve to be happy.  Don't let anyone hold you back from that, especially me." At that time he just rolled his eyes before changing the subject.  Now as he remembers it, he is going to take those words seriously, and plus when Jonghyun is reincarnated Taemin will be happy again.  So Kibum doesn't have to worry about his younger brother anymore.  For so long he's never thought about his own happiness, always worried about how others were feeling, never himself.  Well now is time for that to change.

If being happy means that he stays here in the Underworld with someone that gives a damn about him and become that man's queen, then Kibum will gladly surrender.  It'll be pointless if he fights with his heart anyway.  With his mind made up all he needs to do is tell Minho.  The problem is though, how is he going to tell the other.  He needs to figure out soon, otherwise he'll never have the courage to ever do it, then the deadline will come and he might never see Minho again.  So he'll just figure out the right moment and then he'll take it.  He hopes it'll be soon.

~~~~~

A while ago Kibum discovered that there was a library in the palace.  After all he had to do something to occupy himself before Minho gave him the garden and lent the kitchen from time to time.  It's a nice big room with dozens of bookshelves, some desks, and only candles to light up the entire area.  The shelves that were almost tall enough to touch the ceiling contain all kinds of books.  Such as history, legends, science, and maps of every variety.  Though, since he got the garden he hadn't really went back to the library, he was too occupied to remember about it.  That is until today.  Since he didn't really have much to do in his garden, nor did he want to go out or bake/cook anything he decided to get some reading material to occupy his active mind.

Which is why he is now here in the library.  He grabbed a couple of books already, but the one he really wanted was on one of highest shelves.  Too high to reach by himself.  So Kibum put down his books, and used the ladder that was attached to the shelf to climb up and get it.  Focusing on getting the book he didn't even realize he wasn't alone anymore.  As he pulled out the book he wanted, a voice that belonged to the king of the Underworld said, "I honestly thought I would never see you back here." The sudden voice in the quiet room startled Kibum.  He got startled so bad that the book he was pulling dropped to the floor and he almost lost his balance on the ladder.  Clutching onto the ladder so he didn't fall he exclaimed, "Don't do that!" He then looked down to see where Minho was at.  Minho was a few feet away from where the ladder was, standing next to the books that Kibum left on the ground.  At least Minho had the decency to look guilty, "Sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be in here is all." He rubbed the back of his neck before adding, "If I knew that you were going to be here I wouldn't have scared you like that." The sincerity in his eyes didn't escape Kibum.  Sighing because he's weak and can't stay mad at the other Kibum said, "Alright, I forgive you.  Just don't do it again, okay?" Minho nodded, smiling excitedly at the fact that he was forgiven.  Seeing the reaction Kibum laughed a bit, it reminded him of when Cerberus was in his puppy form, Minho doing it was just cute.

Looking away from Minho he started going down the ladder.  This could be his chance, all Kibum had to do was man up and just tell the other.  He was getting close to the ground but lost his footing on one of the rungs and stubbled.  Kibum would have fallen on his back if it hadn't been for the cold hands that caught his hips.  Feeling his face heat up at the contact he almost didn't hear the worried voice of Minho saying, "Be careful on these things, you'll hurt yourself." He didn't pull his hands away which made Kibum even more embarrassed.  Taking a deep breath he willed his heart to calm down as he climbed down the rest of the way, Minho's hands still not leaving his hips until his feet touched the floor.  Turning to face the other he saw he wasn't the only one flushing as Minho had his face just as red while he stood there awkwardly.

Clearing his throat Minho said, "Sorry about the..." Not wanting to say it, instead patting his own hips for Kibum to understand.  Kibum flushing even further told Minho, "It's okay, you were just trying to keep me from falling.  I understand why you had to do that." Minho let out a little laugh in relief, "That's good to hear." As he rubbed the back of his neck again.  They just stared at each other before looking away at the same time.  This was so awkward.  It's never been awkward in Minho's presence before, maybe it was thanks to the feelings that Kibum found out he had for the other.  Whatever, it's now or never to say what he needs to say.  Taking a deep breath Kibum prepared himself for what might happen.  He the said, "Hey do you-" At the same time Minho said, "Can I ask-" They stopped as soon as they heard one another.  Both of them chuckled a bit at the situation.

Minho then said to Kibum, "You were saying." Kibum shook his head, "No, you first, my lord." Taken aback Minho looked a bit sheepish, "Okay." The blush across his cheeks getting brighter by the second.  Inhaling deeply Minho finally asking, "Do you mind if I ask you something?" Kibum shook his head, "Go right ahead." "Okay." Getting more courage Minho asked the young god, "Would you like to go somewhere tonight?  It's a place that's at the palace that I've wanted to show to you for a while." He waited for the young god to answer.  After hearing what Minho wanted to ask Kibum was jumping for joy on the inside.  Perfect, if he went to this place Minho wanted to show him then he could tell him then and there.  So without any further thought Kibum replied, "Actually that sounds great, I wanted to tell you something but when we get there I'll tell you about it then, okay?" Minho didn't even hesitate when he said, "Yes, that sounds great." Smiling Kibum bent down to pick up the book that fell along with the other books he got.  When he stood up again he said to Minho, "See you then, pick me up at my room when it's time." He gave a wink to the king before walking away.  A quick look behind him told him that the king was standing surprise before turning back and exiting the library.  He didn't stay behind to see Minho let out a shout of triumph.