Coming From the Garden

When Kibum was ready to head back home he had completely dismissed thinking about the strange presence that he felt a while ago.  As he stood up he had in his hands a handful of white lilies, purple orchids, and lavender for his little brother, Taemin.  Then with a long whistle to the sky he waited a bit before a pure white pegasus landed near him.  Kibum petted the beautiful creature's muzzle before mounting on its back and telling it, "Take me home, please." The pegasus took a running start before flying upwards.  Up to the kingdom of Olympus.

It took a bit before the pegasus landed on a spot near the grand white palace.  Dismounting it Kibum thanked the creature before giving it a sugar cube and leaving it to go back to do it's own thing.  However as he was walking to the entrance of the palace he discovered that because of the flight some of the flowers were broken and out of place.  Frowning at this he placed his free hand on top of the blossoms and used his powers to mend the broken blooms.  It only took a few seconds before the flowers were as good as new.  Smiling again he continued on his path until he was past the threshold of the palace doors.  Once inside he wandered around seeing that nobody was here in the throne room, except for Hestia but she barely pays attention to the space surrounding her and has to be there so she didn't really count.  This gave him the perfect opportunity he needed to visit Taemin.  Gia knows the boy needed the company after all that he's going through right now.

So making sure he isn't being followed Kibum walked away from the throne room and went down the familiar path that lead to all of the gods and goddesses' private chambers.  After a bit he came upon the door of his little brother's chambers.  He gave a gentle knock on the door, "Taemin, it's me." There was no answer but Kibum knew his brother was in there, he could sense the other's aura.  Sighing a bit Kibum continued, "Can I come in?" A soft, "Yes." Answered which gave Kibum all he needed to open the door to enter on the other side.  The usually sunny room was darkened by curtains covering the windows but that didn't stop Kibum from seeing the figure laying on the bed that was in the middle of the room.

The figure had platinum blonde hair, same dark brown eyes as Kibum, and golden fair skin.  There was a prominent dark shadow surrounding the upper half of his face so the irises of his eyes looked darker than they actually were, and the clothes he had on were darker than his usual bright colored clothing.  This was his brother, younger by two years, Taemin.  By the visual Kibum was seeing now Taemin was in the middle of his grieving moods at the moment.  Feeling his heart tug at the sight he murmured sympathetically, "Oh Taemin." Before sitting down next to the depressed boy.

About six months ago Taemin's human lover, Jonghyun died.  The human man was a teacher for children 6-17 with a more humble background of the village that he lived in.  From what Kibum was told his little brother met the man during one of Taemin's visits to earth and became fast friends.  As the two grew close their friendship grew into being romantic love, and even though Kibum and Taemin's mother, Demeter warned her youngest son about getting too attached to humans he didn't listen.  Kibum himself met the man a few times and he liked him, they even became good friends.  Jonghyun was as selfless as any human could get, and he took good care at making everyone around him happy including Taemin.  The couple were inseparable, not even Demeter would get in between them.  Taemin was even trying to find a way to make his lover immortal so it was possible to be together forever.  Until one night in Jonghyun's village a fire happened.  The building that burst into flames was a lord's palace and as the fire grew it became harder to get all of the people out in time.  Jonghyun being the selfless bastard that he was went into the burning building because the lord's wife was still in there with their child.  The wife and child made it out but Jonghyun was still in the building when the whole structure came tumbling down.  After the fire stopped the villagers looked through the debris before eventually finding the body of the beloved teacher, dead.  When Taemin got wind of the news he was devastated.  So much so that almost all of the plant life on Olympus withered up and were close to death because of how his emotions were effecting his powers.