Discoveries in Elysium

The next day the two gods were on Charon's boat, on their way to Elysium.  Kibum was nervous and excited because he was going to see the beautiful place in that he had heard so much about.  It was taking longer to get there, but Kibum didn't mind.  He was content with looking around and enjoying the company of Minho.  Then suddenly he saw pale light glowing faintly in the area they were entering.  Which was surprising because it was the first sign of light that he had ever seen since coming down here.  The light started becoming more apparent as the boat got closer to an island with green grass and some huts.  The souls there were just running around and looked like they were having the best time of their afterlives.

Confused on how there was light Kibum asked, "All of the Underworld is so dark, how come Elysium has light?" Minho shrugged, "That is the one thing I have no idea about, though I think it's because of the souls that are there and their combined happiness creates a brightness on the island." "Interesting theory." Replied Kibum as the boat pulled to a stop at the shore.  As Kibum stepped off of the boat and took a few steps onto the island he noticed that Minho wasn't following.  Turning to face the king he asked, "Are you coming?" Minho shook his head, "You haven't seen your friend since he died, you should talk to him by yourself, I don't want to interfere." The sincerity in the man's words made Kibum smile.  It was true that Kibum thought he would feel more comfortable if he talked with Jonghyun by himself instead of having the other there.  Minho must've come to that conclusion if he was staying behind.  For that reason Kibum didn't hold back from letting the fluttering feeling control his actions, he walked up to Minho and planted a kiss right on his cheek.  Pulling back Kibum laughed a bit when he saw red blossom on the other's face.  Kibum then muttered, "See you in a bit, Minho." Before walking away further onto the island.  He looked back after walking for a bit, seeing that Minho was looking at the ground and his hand was hovering over the cheek that Kibum kissed.  Feeling warmth in his chest he faced forward again as he continued on walking.  A grin not fading any time soon.

~~~~~

It took a long time but eventually he found Jonghyun.  He saw the soul on a hill hanging around other souls and looking like he was having a good time.  As soon as he caught sight of him, Kibum yelled out his name to get the other's attention.  Sure enough it worked because Jonghyun stopped and looked over right at Kibum.  The soul then got up from where he was at, and was quickly walking over to where Kibum was standing.

When he was right in front of Kibum he asked in disbelief, "Do my eyes deceive me or are you actually here in the Underworld?" Chuckling Kibum replied, "Yes Jonghyun, it's really me and before you say anything.  No, I'm alive.  I just came here to see you." He then took a look at the other.  The same light brown hair and brown eyes that he remember seeing when the other was still alive, and though he looked a bit faded he still looked like a person with flesh and blood.  Done with the observation he commented, "You look good." Grinning Jonghyun replied, "So do you." He then looked serious as he asked, "How's Taemin?" The question took Kibum off guard.  He thought of how to answer before eventually saying, "He misses you." Jonghyun nodded in understanding.  Letting out a heavy sigh Jonghyun then said, "I feel like it's my fault, I shouldn't have died." Kibum shook his head, "It's not your fault.  You had know idea what would happen when you went in that building and rescued that family." "I know but I can't help blaming myself." Jonghyun ran a hand through his hair, "I miss him so much, I just wish I was alive again so that I could hold him and never leave him alone ever again." Hearing that Kibum thought it was the perfect moment to bring up the plan to the other.  So he told Jonghyun, "Actually I want to talk to you about something like this.  I need to tell you about a plan that I have." Jonghyun replied with, "Well, tell me then." WIthout further ado Kibum explained the plan in full detail.

After he was done explaining, Jonghyun had that look on his face that told Kibum he was weighing the pros and cons before making a final decision.  A while later he asked, "If I say no to doing this, what happens?" Kibum shrugged, "I guess you stay as you are." Humming in affirmation Jonghyun became silent again.  Until he let out a sigh, "The way I see it the pros outweigh the cons in this kind of situation.  I'll agree to do this." Smiling Kibum said to him, "Great, I'll tell Hades right away." He didn't tell Jonghyun about the king's prefered name because he felt that it was a private thing that's only between the two.  Suddenly he remembered that there were two things he wanted to ask Jonghyun before leaving.  So he said, "Now that we got that out of the way do you mind if I ask you two things?" Jonghyun nodded, "Sure, but let's sit somewhere so that it doesn't look like you're interrogating me." Kibum agreed and they went to sit down in a space where there were less souls wandering around.