Devil isn't devil

I sat there in the room with my left hand cuffed to the table leg. Why was I being arrested? What did I do? My heart raced, I looked around. This room looked like one of those Hollywood movies’ interrogation rooms. Are two cops going to come anytime soon and yell at me? There was a big window, where I could see myself but I knew it was a two sided glass, there are people standing on the other side of that window and looking at me.

“Hello! Is anyone there?” I yelled, though I was nervous and my voice was shaky with fear. No one answered; I waited while I bit on my nails.

Suddenly the door opened and two men entered the room making me jump out of fear. They were the same people, the one who looked like Lee Jones and the other who resembled Will Smith. I looked up at them while they took their places. Lee Jones sat in front of me while Will Smith just rested his back against the wall, so I think they are going to play good cop bad cop thing with me, just like movies.

“We are not gonna play good cop bad cop, Billy! From this point onwards you are going to spend rest of your life in prison.” Lee Jones banged his palm on the table, making me jump again while his words already brought scare to my swelled eyes.

“Just sign this god damn paper and let’s get done with this shit!” the standing one slid a paper in front of me, while I just looked at it with still widened eyes.

“Wha… what is it? And why am I being arrested? What did I do?” I blabbered out while being totally panicked but again I jumped when Will Smith banged his fist against the table.

“This is your testimony, proving your acceptance to your crimes.”

“What?” I was shocked. Was I really getting arrested for what I never did? They both smiled and gestured me to sign.

“Sir… sir listen to me. I did nothing. I know no drug racket. I never did drug… please… listen…” I nearly pleaded with a really submissive tone. I was just seconds away from crying. My leg shivered with panic, my whole body shook with fear.

“Just sign it!” Lee Jones shouted and his shout once again made me jump. This time a tear left my eye.

“You will sign this piece of paper and we will take you to prison and then you spend the rest of your life behind the bars while your family, which we know only consists of a woman will be informed about your crimes.” Will Smith spoke while slyly smirking at me after finishing the most scaring statement.

“I swear sir, I did nothing please. Let me go, please…” I was now crying and sobbing. Mama will kill me, what have I got myself got into?

“Then why were you with Joshua Mathern? Don’t you know he works for the mafia?” His words made me look up at his face with shock while my crying was halted. So, Cruz was right? And I’m here because of Josh? I clawed on my skull and groaned when I thought that I was stuck in the middle of the biggest mess ever, when I did nothing.

“Now, sign it!” Lee Jones shouted at me.

“Sir, please… let me at least for once talk to my mama! I want…”

“Billy?” 

I was cut off by a familiar call. I quickly turned my head to see a surprised Cruz. I saw the two men quickly standing with fear to see her.

“What are you doing here?”

I opened my mouth to say something but Lee Jones cut me off.

“He is with Joshua Mathern…”

“I know that…” She right away snapped at them. I read both of their body postures. They looked scared to see her.

“Let him go and don’t you two dare to lay your hands on him, ever. It’s my case and I want no one to butt in.” She sternly spoke while pointed her finger at them and I saw Lee Jones putting key, freeing my cuffed hand. I was confused as I rubbed my wrist, moments ago I was getting arrested for something I never did and now they are just letting me go, just like that?

“Billy, you wait here. I’ll be back in a moment.” She spoke while she glared them and surprisingly they looked nervous.

She walked out of the room and they followed her and after that I just sat there holding my head in my hands. What was just about to happen if Cruz hadn’t intervened? Josh after all is with bad people and I was about to pay the price for his bad deeds.

“Come, Billy. Let me drop you off.” She suddenly barged in, startling me again. She led the way and I just quietly followed, the person I hated the most saved me today. I was feeling a bit guilty now for taking her wrong.

The drive was quiet.

“Billy!” She spoke when I was deeply lost in my thoughts. I turned my head towards her. Surprisingly I wasn’t scared of her today.

“Don’t have to worry; they won’t bug you ever again.” She spoke with a smile but her smile didn’t cheer me up, instead I just felt more regretful.

“Thank you!” I just gave her a faint smile and then looked down again. She saved me and I took her so wrong. I just kept fiddling with my fingers but didn’t look her in the eyes.

“Want some ice-cream?”

Her words made me look up at her with surprise. She pushed breaks and turned towards me with her hands still holding the steering wheel.

“We started off on a bad foot but I think we can fix that with fudge Sunday?” She smirked at me and first time her smirk didn’t have that lust or hunger but friendliness, I felt comfortable sitting in her car with her. So at last devil wasn't that devilish.

I just smiled and nodded, "I think we can."

So, how do you people like the different side of Cruz? Why sudden showcase of friendliness? Or is it just her trick to get Billy to spy for her… well, we all have to wait.

Till then Comment and vote!