29. The Step Brother

Introducing New Character

Ben Played By Young Tom Hiddleston (Black Curly Hair)

The drive was quiet, I didn't speak.

"We are almost home, Billy!"

The silence was broken by a sweet voice. It was the same white woman, Mrs. Brittany Wilcox. Her words managed to break me even more. She seems like a nice lady but I don't want to like her. She took me away from mama; I cannot even pretend to like her.

"Home is what I left behind, Mrs. Wilcox!" I silently spoke, looking into her eyes, a scornful smile adorning my lips. I knew my words embarrassed her, she looked away.

The neighborhood was typical uptown. There were big houses, a clean and lifeless street, and big cars coming in and out of the garages, nothing like hood. I never came to this side of the town, Josh would like it here. He plans to get a place here someday and with the kind of effort he does in his studies he may actually own a place here. I was still very much engulfed in my thoughts when I realized the car stopped.

I turned my head to find the lady smiling at me. So, we were here. I took a deep and shaky breath before I got out. Whoa! What is that thing? A palace stood there in front of me. I knew my expressions; I knew it was apparent that I never ever saw such big and plush house. You cannot call it a house, it was a freaking bungalow.

"Let's get inside, Billy!"

The sweet voice again emerged. I looked at her and she looked happy to see me amused.

I looked around and saw guards all around the place. I followed her quietly. I felt highly underdressed in a place like that but the moment I stepped into that place, my eyes shot wide while my jaws dropped.

Billy Hudson was Billy Wilcox overnight. From hood to uptown, from rag to rug, my life was changed? I looked around, it was bigger from inside. Was that a chandelier? God! It looked like one of those movie houses.

I tried to hide my flabbergasted state.

"Hello!" A voice took my attention.

A thin and tall boy, definitely younger than me, had curls with big blue eyes approached me with his hand stretched out while wearing a smile. I was a bit nervous and his sudden presence made me more uncomfortable. Though I just smiled back and shook his hand.

"You my new brother?"

His question actually landed all of us in a very awkward situation. I looked at Mrs. Wilcox while she looked at me; it was an awkward silence moment. Then I saw the kid, he just innocently smiled, waiting for his answer.

"Yes, I guess?" I unsurely spoke.

"Cool!" He excitedly spoke and extended his hand. He was the only person whose welcome didn't upset me. I smiled and took his hand, gave it a little shake.

"I'm Ben!"

"I'm Billy!" I half smiled.

No one spoke anything for awhile.

"This is getting awkward; do you want me to show you around?"

Before I could agree or refuse, Mrs. Wilcox spoke, "Yes! That would be a great idea."

And before I could process anything, Ben had already put his hand on my shoulder and routed me to another different direction totally.

He was tall and had a very soft British accent, he looked my age. I was still taking my surroundings in while Ben kept rambling throughout the walk. We went upstairs and kept walking through the white hallway. This place was huge; they surely have a lot of money.

"And this is my room!"

And we were standing in front of a closed door; it had an "Enter at your risk" board on it. I saw him getting a key out of his pocket to unlock the door.

"You lock your room?"

"Yes, why?"

What kind of home is this? He locked his room in his own home?

"C'mon, get in!" He said as he got in.

I followed him. Whoa! His room was bigger than our entire house. A big LED on the wall, a big bed. My smile was bigger than ever.

"Good, eh?!"

He took my attention; I turned to see him lying on his bed. I quietly took the bean bag. For some reason, I wasn't comfortable. Not uncomfortable because of the bean bag, by the whole situation.

"So, welcome to the dysfunctional Wilcox family!"

His words made me raise an eyebrow.

"Dysfunctional?"

He laughed.

"Don't tell me that my age and accent did not confuse you!"

I did not say anything. The kid is smart.

"So, here starts the boring narration of a filler character's story! Brittany Wilcox isn't my real mother, my real mother died of schizophrenia, sad right? Well, not really, she used to beat the shit out of me, Brittany is far better than her. She came and took care of me better than my own mother. However, my father doesn't really love her, he loved the mad woman more, so yeah... and just a week before I got to know that she has a son, a real son, I was excited to meet you! So, welcome aboard, mate!"

And he hugged me, tightly. Ohkay, so this was too much of information for me to process. The story somehow explains his age. So, we were of same age. This kid made me feel home.

He talks a lot, but he is nice. He is a lot like me, the old me, the stupid Billy Hudson.

"So, you do drugs?"

What? What did he just say? I was more than surprised by his question.

Hello, people, so I added another character. Ben is played by Tom Hiddleston. I hope you all are enjoying this story, I think I should twist the plot a bit to have more Billy and Cruz. As suggested by  perishme

Thank you again for the suggestions! And I'm open to criticism, feel free to comment what you think! 

Do comment and vote!