Chapter 42

The whole car ride to Storm was in silence. I didn't know what to say and neither was Jamie.

I can see her glancing at me every now and then to check if i was still crying. And i am pretty sure i looked like a crying mess right now.

It never felt this quiet around Jamie. I was so used of her forever rants. For some reason the thought made me sad. The thought of how i affect everyone around me.

I was no longer crying but the pain and deep sorrow still in my chest. But i know for a fact i had anything to do about it. I just needed to accept my fate or i will never let it go.

It is a choice that i had to face. I remembered my father once telling me that.

The world will keep throwing you problems to defeat. It is your choice to either laugh at them and cry about them.

Before i knew it we already reached the familiar parking lot outside of the building.

I sighed and turned to the side mirror to check my face. It was the first time i ever stared at my face for so long.

My eyes were bloodshot and red from all the crying and my nose is swollen and in a light pink color.

I looked tired and done for the day. And despite the makeup i looked pale and unwell.

"You know Jo. I can reschedule your shoot in another day if you-"

"No. I wanted to do it today Jamie. And i am okay. Don't worry about me." I cut her off and she sighed giving me a worried motherly look.

I did not want to run anymore from all the problems. I just wanted and decided to go for the flow.

I just hope there is a light after everything. That will guide me out completely from the dark.

We went inside and let out a deep breathe as i watched all the few models getting ready.

There were some familiar ones like Maddy. And i was relieved when i saw Sarah in the middle of the lobby. She smiled at me when she saw me.

"Oh my dear Josephine. How are you feeling sweetheart? Are you good?" Sarah says when she approached me and i felt her hugging me.

Her sweet vanilla scent enveloping around me and i smiled. It felt good to be back to work.

Reminds me that part of  life where everything was alright. And i was sill starting to get started.

I never knew the moment i stepped into London that everything turn out this way.

My mind and heart are set for my success and i would find my way to the career i left.

But it still leads me to him. And once again i fell on the same trap as before. It was the best distraction. That i will never regret in my life.

"So how is the life being with Hero? That tosser of a man! You know i expected it the first day he came to my office. And he asked me for your schedule!" Sarah laughed that made my lips parted.

And i couldn't help but to shrug. That mam just never tells me anything does he?

Sometimes it surprises me all the stunts he does without me knowing. He is like a dangerous predator or invader.

And he managed his way in my heart. I rolled my eyes from the thought.

"Thank you so much Sarah. And yes I'm feeling better now. I just missed you and everyone." I said and she smiled at me.

Her eyes wrinkling as she stares at me with delight and i can see on her orbs that she was proud.

"You know. I just wanted to tell you this. Im so thankful that my grand daughter found you that day in the airport! We had so many excellent ratings from our investors! And your late summer magazine is sold!" She exclaimed that stole everybody's attention.