Chapter 5

"Im leaving tomorrow." I said on the phone with my mum as i folded my clothes neatly to place them on my luggage.

This is such a deja vu moment and i couldn't resist to be emotional. Jamie had booked me a ticket to London, She said she wanted to meet me there first and i couldn't say no. So i might stay there for a while then back to California.

And i couldn't help but to feel fidgety, I was already sweating bullets when she told me. And for sure I'm going to meet Hero there! There is no escape.

"What? Where are you going?" She asks me and i completely forgot about telling her about my plans these few days. And I'm leaving tomorrow!

This has been one of the roles ive been playing all my life. And thats on being a bad daughter. I smirked.

"Mum-"

"You know what. Well talk when you get here, Do you have the papers?" I was about to talk when she cuts me off, My eyebrows furrowed when i heard her giggle from the other line.

"James stop it! Im on my phon-" Suddenly i can hear smooching and smacking sounds that confirms my thoughts on whats happening.

I stuck out my tongue in disgust. Why would you smooch when your daughter is on the phone? My mum is old but i can say she is still a very active lady and i absolutely don't want to think about it too much to the point that it almost disturbs me.

"Im still right here you know?" I tried to talk her out of her make out sesh. I don't even want to imagine what happens beyond the line.

"Okay Eliza. Just come in here, Drive safely." She ended the call before i could say I love you and i just sighed before going downstairs to meet my Stephen.

"Going already?" He asks as i reach for my coat on the pole near the door and fumbling for my car keys.

"Yeah. Can i have the papers?" I plainly responded as he handed me a brown envelop i lifted my feet on a chair so i cant tie my boots.

"Why do you still share the same bank accounts anyway? You two are divorced for ten years!" I exclaimed and he just sighs, I looked at him and he was wearing this apologetic smile.

There it goes again. I can still see it in his eyes, There is still some love left for Mom. And i hate it.

"Im so sorry you have to do this every time, Josie." He says in sad tone and i just gave him a cheerful smile to show that im okay.

"You have nothing to worry about Dad. Just promise me you'll find love again." I laughed and he just responded a groan.

It was what i always tell him. He aint getting younger as days passed by. All i wanted was my Dad to be happy again.

"I cant marry again. I still have to focus to you and Kat. I feel like i been missing out a lot especially with you sister." He let out a sigh and i frowned.

"Did Katherine called you?" I ask trying to sound unbothered. She is always absent on our lives that sometimes i forget that i even have a sister.

Katherine and I were not like the other siblings who are close and grew together. We grew separately, When our parents divorced. I was with my Dad and she was with Mom.

Either way i visit Mom and Dad both equally, Katherine on the other hand doesn't. That i still needed to remind her to visit Dad once in a while.

"Your sister is a very busy person Josie, And i understand that." He says defending her once again and i snorted.

"Thats bullshit. Well even though i would be busy. I will never forget to call you and Mom." I said and he almost smack my head when he heard the first curse.