Chapter Fourteen !

Nhazir POV :

As I was walking out of the cafeteria I felt bad. I know maybe I shouldn’t have snapped at Lamar the way I did but shit, I couldn’t help it. He was asking to help me with shit he knows nothing about. Shit I would never ever try and put him involved in. I know he was only trying to help, and I could tell by the look on his face after I said what I said to him this morning he was still hurt. You see the thing with me and Lamar is we’re both too alike, both too stubborn for our own good. We both wanted the same thing but didn’t know how to go about it. We both have feelings for each other but are constantly trying to fight them. Me more than him I think. It wasn’t even that I didn’t like Lamar a lot, it was more to the fact that I didn’t want to fall in love with anyone again and I knew if I kept shit up with Lamar that’s exactly where I would be heading. Back to love. Back to the bitch that fucked me up so badly before. And I just couldn’t let that happen.

I walked down the side of the school building heading up the stairs to the roof and just sat down on the stoop, whenever me and her use to have arguments in school this is where I would come to clear my head. I still missed her even though I never allowed myself to admit it.  She was my 1st love, my first heartbreak my first everything and the way she just one day was taken out of my life still played on my mind heavily to this very day. Today would have been our 3year anniversary. 10.14. This time 3 years ago was when I finally built up the courage to ask her to be mine officially. I remember it like it was yesterday, It was Saturday evening and we had just come back from spending the whole day at the beach with the crew…

“Nhazir you know I love you right?” Jen said as we strolled hand in hand up the street.

I swear this girl was my life, never in a million years did I think I could love someone as much as I loved her. I loved everything about her, I loved the way her cute little button nose would scrunch up every time I  said something to her that she didn’t agree with, I loved the way her dimples would sink so deeply into her cheeks every time she spoke or flashed her beautiful smile. I loved the way she would cover her face with her hands every time she laughed or was embarrassed or when I told her how beautiful she was.

“I love you to Jen” I said pulling her closely to my chest and holding her tightly kissing her forehead never wanting to let go.

She stopped for a minute and turned my face looking into my eyes, this was the 1st time I’d ever actually told her that I loved her back. Even though I knew I did, all the other times just didn’t feel like the right time.

“Do you mean that Nhazir?” she whispered with tears building up in her eyes, of course I meant it. I was never one to say what I never truly meant or felt.

“Of course I mean it Jen, you mean the world to me baby, you are my world…and I know I haven’t said it to you before but I want you to be mine, officially, I want everybody to know that you’re the girl that I love, the girl I wanna grow old with, the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with” I said wiping her tears with the back of my thumbs and kissing her lips gently, She quickly kissed my lips back and we stood there in the middle of the street simply kissing. I pulled away from her kiss and held her by the waist just looking into her eye’s

“So you gonna be my girl then mama?”  Almost immediately she shook her head yes and replied

“Of course Nhazzy” with that dimple filled smile that I loved so much it was almost as if she’d been waiting for this moment for a long time. She was the only girl I EVER allowed to call me ‘Nhazzy or Nhazzy Pooh’ or any other nickname at that. I pulled her back into my embrace and held her tightly as she cried into my chest. That moment was when I knew I was never going to let her go, not for anyone. Funny how things changed…