Chapter Four !

Lamar POV :

"Who was that boy?" My dad asked as soon as I climb into the car.

"Well hello to you to dad!"

He chuckled a little leaning over placing a small kiss to my cheek "Hello Son, how was your first day?"

"Yeah it was cool I guess, I mean I aint fight physically fight anybody yet so yeah..." I trailed of looking out the window trying to become familiar with the area. I mean I didn't want to have my dad coming to pick me up every day after school and I knew as soon as my Uncle Kevin brings my car over from New York that was going to definitely stop.

"What you mean PHYSICALLY yet, that means you had a verbal argument already Lamar?" My dad asked sternly stopping at the traffic lights and turned to face me.

"Well I mean, yeah kinda, sort of, I guess. Its not like I got into a fight its more like i feel like im gonna get into one . "

"LAMAR JONES what have I said to you about this 'gangster' image you're trying to portray all the time? It isn't cute at all. I thought getting you away from Mia you would drop the act but clearly you won't." He yelled overreacting as usual

"Man dad you're acting like I actual shanked someone. I mean damn what do you expect me to do if someone threatens me ? Let them threaten me! Hell naw that aint never bout to happen you can get the fuck outta here with that Bullshit."

"Watch your tone with me young man. I aint your friend I'm your father! "

"YEAH WELL ACT LIKE IT!" I exclaimed instantly becoming heated how dare he use that word 'father' to me when he's been everything but that.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" he asked slowing down the car, putting all his focus on me instead of the road.

"Nothing. Forget about it." I mumbled before pulling out my headphones and plugging them in. Once again drowning out the world and more importantly him.

I swear to god, he will never understand how much I hated him.

****

As soon as we got home I darted straight up the stairs and headed for my room slamming the door behind me. I flopped down on my bed and pulled out my phone checking for any missed calls or texts. None. Sighing I got up and head straight for my closet pulling off my jeans and pulling on some grey sort of tight sweatpants instead.

I walked out of my closet and walked out my room heading back downstairs to look for something to eat. As I approached the bottom of the stairs I heard the front door slam shut and my dad's car start back up. Once again leaving me in alone in this big ass house alone. Shaking my head I walked into the kitchen to find a note and a $100 bill next to it. I picked up the note and read it before scrunching it up and throwing it in the trash can and grabbing the money, As usual my dad left me money thinking he can win me over after an argument.

I quickly ran back up the stairs to put on my vans and grab my phone, and walked out the front door leaving it to slam shut. I Might as well get familiar with the area if I'm going to be here for a while.

****

After about 10 minutes of walking around the neighbourhood in the blazing sun I turned the corner at the end of the street and continued walking until I got onto the main street where all the stores were. I spotted a Staples on the opposite side and quickly ran across the road and walked into the store. When I got into the store the Air conditioning was up high causing the hairs on my arms to stand.

"Ok, what do I need" I mumbled to myself as I scanned the aisle looking for stuff to buy. I finally found all the school supplies I needed on one aisle and I started going crazy. I picked up notebooks, folders, paper, pens, hi-lighters, white-out, everything before i went to the counter and sat the basket up.