Emms

"Hey." Jordyn comes to the empty seat beside mine and sits. Mia had told me something about Jordyn changing some classes in his schedule during Mathematics. Now I see that she wasn't lying.

I look up at him and smile. "Hey. I'm glad you're here. I was worried I would be alone in this horrible class."

"Nikki isn't here anymore?" Jordyn runs a hand through his hair making it stand up taller than it already is. His hair was darker when I first met him and now it seems to be changing into a white-purple color.

His beautiful hazel eyes seem more blue today. This sends chills through my body but I push it aside with a quick smile. "No. She moved out of this class."

"Huh." His eyes go distant as he thinks about what I just said. He carries a playful and energetic aroma to his personality. He reminds me of Dom, but the good side of him. "Okay."

I chuckle lightly at his silliness. Ever since he's asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with him on Friday, I observe him differently. So far, he has been gaining points on my perspective. Kat seems to like him. It's logical since they both seem to understand each other through their playful personality. Kiwi doesn't really like him simply because of his hair. If only she knew that was the first part that brought my attention to him.

I go back to taking notes on the tablet for this class. The history of this confusing world. Learning about The Ancients has truly been a boring subject to write about. Yet, I write each word slowly as I watch Jordyn from the corner of my eye. He tries to write his notes, but he keeps looking back at me. Eager to tell me something.

Finally, Jordyn turns around and leans closer to my side. He whispers, "So...about today..."

"Hm?" I look up from my notes pretending to notice him for the first time. "today?"

"Yeah," he says with a smirk. His reckless eyes shine brighter now. "You know...the date. Are you still up for it?"

I look down at my tablet and continue writing with my magnetic pen. "If I said yes then it's a yes."

I immediately regret the sternness in my voice as I watch his grin fall. He clears his throat awkwardly and says, "Right."

I look up at him and smile. Hoping it will make him feel better. "Actually. There's something we need to talk about."

Luckily, Jordyn pushes aside the uncomfortable feeling between us and leans over with curiosity. The perfect form of his jawline is more noticeable as I see him closer. His eyes seem to have blue, green and brown all mixed in one beautiful mosaic.

"What is it?" he says quietly.

"Not here," I say through his mind. "There's too many people." When he hears me in his head, he nods in agreement. "Walk with me to my locker. I'll tell you there," I whisper this time.

And with that, we fall silent and go back to writing notes. Both eager to hear the sound of the loud bell echo in the hallways.

"You guys want to do what?" Jordyn's surprise makes me laugh. I took him outside instead. We stand by the tree I always go to with my sisters. The only way I remember which tree it is, is by looking for a bullet hole on its thick trunk.

"I know. It's pretty crazy, but we need all the help we can get." After a second of silence, I say with determination, "We can do this."

"And how are you going to get Kat through those gates? It's nearly impossible to enter that area in the city. You need to be super special to enter those gates." He shoves his hands in his pockets as he looks around to see if anybody is listening.

"Look. Alexander will figure that out. What I want to know if you and your family are willing to help us. You guys have been the only people that have been there for us. We need you."

"How do you know we won't just report you?"

"Because Alexander told us of the close friendship he has with your mother and about your guys' gifts."

"Oh yeah?" Jordyn's seriousness falls and his grin starts to form on his lips. "What exactly did he say about me?" He takes a step closer.

I look up into his shining eyes and cross my arms across my chest. "He may have mentioned something about your biceps." My feet seem to be stuck on the floor and I let his breath send those shivers down my spine.

"Really?" He is only inches apart now and I have to catch my breath in order to nod in agreement. I let a smirk form on my lips.

I watch as he studies every inch of my face and my lips. My heart starts to beat faster every second his hazel eyes burn through me. A different type of adrenaline starts to run through my veins and the feeling sends this sizzling energy through my body. Our lips suddenly eager to meet with each other. As we start to lean in, the loud bell rings for a second time making us both jump.

Jordyn steps back and almost instantly I regret not kissing him faster. I'm annoyed at how much I miss his close presence. I sigh and start walking towards the building in silence. Jordyn follows close behind. As I near the corner to where we separate, I feel Jordyn touch my back lightly and his breath on my neck as he whispers, "You can tell Alexander to count on us for help. I'll pick you up at seven at noon."

Too soon, he is gone as he turns the other corner and disappears in the crowd. I walk to class with electricity running through my body. It almost makes me feel numb as I sit in my seat for Mathematics class. Mia starts talking to me, but I can barely hear her. The sensation of Jordyn's hand on my back still stays there.

The only thing that snaps me back is the loud sound of screams echoing in the hallway.