Emms

I wake up in a sudden shock.

I start panting as if I've been running for hours. I quickly pull the oxygen mask away from my mouth and sit up.

My vision is blurry at first but as everything starts to become clearer, my first instinct is to observe my surroundings.

The room seems to be dark with just a few bright lights that shine over a table with needles and computers on one side of the room. This must be some sort of laboratory....

As I look at the table I'm on, I notice an IV on one side. I quickly start to take off all the small tubes I have on my right arm as I cautiously look around the room; careful for anyone around.

I don't seem to notice that someone was behind me. A hand touches me lightly and I freeze. Slowly turning around, I see a tall man with blue and white clothes, and a wide smile. Next to him is a boy with beautiful blue eyes and dark hair. He does not smile. They both stare at me expectantly as if waiting for me to respond to all of this. 

My eyes immediately start to look for an escape.

I catch sight of a needle on the small table to my right, and a door that leads to a dark hallway. With a speed that seems almost too familiar, I get up and snatch the needle.

The man and the boy start after me, but I point the needle towards them threateningly. They immediately stop in their steps. The man stays behind the boy as he slowly walks closer to me. Their eyes wide in surprise. My heartbeat loud in my ears.

"Hey," the boy says with a smile on his face this time.

I narrow my eyes, not daring to put down the needle for a second. "Where am I?"

I start moving slowly to the door, but the man blocks my way. I pull the needle up to the man and he immediately raises his hands in surrender. Surprise fills me when he still blocks the door regardless.

The boy starts getting closer. "Soon you'll know. I promise, Emms. Everything's gonna be okay." His bright eyes shine dangerously. He tries to get the needle from me, but I pull away angrily.

"I don't want to know soon. I want to know now!" I pull the needle up to his face, but the boy doesn't move a muscle.

Panic spreads across the man's face as he says, "Dom?" The fear in his voice makes me smirk, but the boy doesn't even flinch; his eyes sending shivers through my body.

Even with the fear crawling underneath my skin, an almost familiar stubbornness makes me say, "What's wrong, Dom? Are you just too afraid to speak to me? Maybe you should run away with your daddy. I'll make sure to look away when you run."

Finally, after a minute that feels like an eternity, the boy makes a step back and puts his hands up in surrender; his face blank.

"Go ahead," he tells me, taking one more step backwards. "Go ahead and stab me, and you won't know where you are and why you're here. Go on. I'm not afraid of you." The way he says this sends goose bumps throughout my body.

He waits expectantly. His eyes burn through me like fire.

He's right. I can't hurt him. How will I ever know where I am?

Dom looks over to the man and nods. The man comes over slowly, and takes the needle from me cautiously.

I let him take it.

When the man has the needle in his hand, all the tension in the room eases and they relax. Surprisingly, I feel the muscles of my back relax, too.

Dom puts his hands down and comes up to me with a wide smile on his face. As if I didn't threaten him a second ago. But that fire in his eyes is still there.