Kat

I wake up.

I feel the air blowing strongly that it burns my face.

I'm falling.

All I can see is the sunlight, bright and vivid. When I open my eyes entirely, I start to panic. My heart starts beating faster by the sight of nothing but the blue sky around me.

How did I get here? What happened? 

"Help!" I scream. I start panting. Adrenaline rushes through my bloodstream quicker and quicker every moment.

"Help! Someone help me!"

I close my eyes and touch my chest. I can feel a strap around my arms. I try to open my eyes entirely and look at my outfit.

I have a casual shirt and some jeans that are not appropriate for skydiving, but I have a parachute on. I look down and start panicking again. I can see the color green of the trees and tall buildings. I get closer to the ground and I try to use my parachute, but I feel clueless of what I'm doing, I start to feel numb as my mind starts to race.

"Help!" I start yelling, but I know no one is going to hear me right now.

I am about 200 yards away from the ground. I quickly look behind my shoulder and finally see a string. I quickly grab it, but it slips out of my hand. When I finally take a hold of it, I pull without thinking twice. The parachute opens and it strongly pulls me upward in the air, but it seems useless. I'm still falling.

I'm going to die. I Am GOING TO DIE!

Even if my mind seems to race, I can still calculate how far away I am from the ground. 5 yards away from the ground now. I close my eyes and hold my breath.

Here it comes.

The three minutes of my landing feels like an eternity. I can feel tree branches scratching my face and I wince. I feel a hard thump and an immense pain goes through my body. I scream.

I can hear voices in the distance, and when the ground meets my face, everything goes completely dark....

The sound of muffled voices wake me up. They feel so far away.

I slowly open my eyes and the first thing that greets me is a bright light that makes me wince. I try to lift myself up, but I can feel a hand pull me back from my shoulder.

"No," a deep voice tells me.

I try to turn towards the voice, but his hand impatiently pushes me to lay down. So I do. I quickly notice his hand.

He is wearing four rings. One on his pinky, one on his ring finger, and two on his thumb.

I slowly close my eyes, and start to feel an awful pain run through my body. Especially on my face.

The sound of footsteps echoed across the room and the muffled voices become clearer. I slightly turn my head to where the voices come from, and see a tall man with a woman next to a door leading into a dark hallway.

The pain in my back makes me wince. I turn to see the man and the woman; their eyes burn through me as they speak about me.

A few minutes later, the man touches the woman's back lightly and smiles. He leans over to whisper in her ear and she playfully laughs.

What is this place?

She smiles back as she touches his cheek. Finally, she turns, goes through the dark hallway, and disappears. The man looks at me and smiles when he sees that I've been watching.

His dark blue eyes send shivers through my body, almost making me forget about the pain in my legs turning them numb. I quickly close my eyes and try to feel around me.

I'm on a table.   

As I move my right hand, I feel something around my wrist. I open my eyes to see a bracelet with a fine, red print that says "Kat" on it. I confusingly stare at the bracelet.

What is this place?

"That's your name."

A gentle touch on my arm makes me jump. Startled, I turn to see a boy.

He's not as tall as the man. His dark hair seems almost like a brown underneath the dim light and his dark eyes now seem blue. His smile sends chills through my body as beauty combines with his strong features. He gently takes my arm and injects something in it. Almost immediately, my whole body starts to numb and his voice is like an echo in my head.

"Your name is Kat. Everything's going to be okay. I promise."

Everything turns black again...