Chapter 18: Breakfast in Bed

Picture of Isabelle !

Isabelle's POV

The room smells like fresh linen and there's a hint of musk nearby. I look around and see Max laying next to me on the bed propped on his elbow with his devilish smile. This was a weird dream but it seemed nice, he smelled nice. I reach out to grab the collar of his robe and pull him closer to me, snuggling my head against his warm chest. I felt his hand caress my back, moving slowly up from the curve of my waist to the nape of my neck. Then he kissed the top of my head.

"I told you I'd make you forget all about him.", he chuckles.

"Mm..even in my dreams you're a jerk"

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were indulging yourself in a fantasy"

He grabs my chin and lifts my drowsy eyes towards his. Our noses touch and soon I feel his lips against mine, moving softly.

The impact shocks me and the memories of falling at the pier, going to Max's house, and watching Sherlock flash back to me.

Oh. My. Gosh. THIS WAS REAL.

Panic filled me and I used all my force to push him back, coincidentally knocking him off the bed. I threw off the comforter and ran out the room, down the stairs and towards the door. My hands were shaking as I tried to unlock the door but it was too late.

Max's hand slammed against the door next to me. Turning around he stood there panting. My eyes started to well up.

"W-what happened last night, did we- did you..."

I could see guilt written all over his face, was that his confirmation? Did something actually happen last night?

"Isabelle of course not, I carried you to my bed and slept on the sofa last night. Now I feel like a jerk for making you cry" he started to wipe the tears away.

"If it helps, I did bring you breakfast in bed. Although, the pancakes are probably falling off the ceiling now after you hurled everything off the bed, including me. I really didn't expect you to be so strong"

"Then you shouldn't have kissed me! What was that, I'm with Cameron!"

"I was just waiting for you to wake up to surprise you with breakfast. You're the one who took the initiative"

My face started to blush, "I...I didn't know I was awake."

A smile crept onto his face, "Does that mean you dream about me often, I wouldn't mind if you did"

My eyes narrow at him and he releases his hand from the door.

"Hey, if you want to walk out the house without your shoes, wearing clothes that don't fit you, be my guest"

He had a point. This would be difficult to explain to my mom....my mom..

"OH MY GOD, where's my phone! She probably called the police, oh god oh god. There's probably a hundred missed calls on my phone"

"I doubt it. I'm pretty sure your phones dead with mine after taking a dive off the pier"

I turned pale, she must think I'm dead in a ditch. Then I feel Max's hand pat my head

"Don't worry, I gave Angela a call to cover for you so your mom should think you just stayed over at her house."

Relief filled my body.

"Wow, you thought everything out. Thank you, I guess...Sorry for harassing you and destroying my breakfast in bed."

I look down at the floor in shame.