Chapter 8: Don't Fall Asleep

I got in my car and left the parking lot.

My mom would be waiting for me to watch the Sherlock series: season 3. It's so fun to watch it here in London, sometimes I recognize things and places I've personally been to here in the city.

Before I even get to knock the mahogany door, my mom opens the door.

"Where the hell were you?" she asked of me, she was worried.

"Went out to eat with a friend. I texted you the details." I say, trying to calm her moodswings.

I check my phone to show her the evidence but there's a little sign indicating that the message couldn't be delivered at the time.

"Oh" I mumbled.

"That's right lady, next time be completely sure, unless you want me to report a missing child on every billboard available on earth." She folds her arms and dismisses me.

I walk to my room to finish re-reading Mansfield Park for my literature class. Even though Jane Austen definitely isn't a bother to read and one of my favorite authors, most of my classmates just whine.

I find that pretty obnoxious since they're going to get cheap answers off the internet by the end of the week for the quiz anyway.

When I finish re-reading the novel I shower and put my pjs on so I could eat dinner with my parents and see if I can play a little something on my piano before sleeping...

Then I would see Cameron tomorrow all over again. His tall and lean figure, his curls that I drool for. All I can think about is how his beautiful hands fit into mine, how he smells, his smirk that drives me institutional crazy.

Mom set the table later than we would normally and we ate the delicious food and talked about how the day had been for each of them.

In the most embarrasing moment my dad just barged in on my daydreaming parade.

"How's your friend?" He winks, making me sigh in annoyance.

"He's fine" I retorted to his question, but added a warm smile at the end. I stood up annoyed at his sudden interest.

He chuckles, seeing he hit my weak spot.

I shake my head and flush as I go through our memories on my way to clean the dishes.

I blushed and felt a shiver run down my spine as I thought about the kiss. His soft lips, the way they were over mine. Definitely, an acceptable first kiss.

Beep.

A new text message from Cam.

*Love the lavanders. It makes this place smell like a spa from heaven.*

Is this what I'm thinking?

It couldn't be.

As I walk towards my room I can feel my heart throbbing in my chest like a hammer. Making it so hard for me to open the door.

When I do, Cameron is perched in the end of the bed like a perfect statue of Adonis reading one of my books he probably took from the bookshelf.

"What are you doing here and how did you get here?" I ask of him.

"I climbed up the window." he smirked and stood up to put the book back in.

As soon as he did that, he came up close and kissed me like before, only a bit more harsher. His fast approach to me just gave me whiplash.

But I pulled away.

"You know, my parents are here." Wasn't he thinking?

"I don't mind" He smirks and cups my face. I tug at his jacket's collar. Urging him closer to me.

He slips his hand around my waist and plays around with my hair, still in our lingering kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck and he kisses mine. My body responding immediately to his lips' touch.

"I--better--go" He says in between kisses. His deep raspy voice making me shiver in delight.

Just as I turn around to check what my parents were up to, he's gone. But he was right, I hear voices approaching. So I just went to my piano and began playing random notes, just letting the sound sink in, instantly feeling homesick.

Dylan and I used to play together. We sang while we both played with the notes. We actually did attempt to write few songs. I laughed at the memory of Dylan giving a personal serenade to Sophie when they were in high school.

I blushed at the thought of Cameron singing to me while he played the piano so powerfully, so seductively...

My dad walked in.

"Isabelle, don't stay up late. Good Night." My dad walked to my piano area and kissed my head. After I heard the door close shut I began brushing my fingers along the keys.

When I began making a combination of rhythms...I felt like singing too. I stayed up for about and hour more, with a sore throat. Then I walked in into my bathroom and glanced at the clock. It's only 9 p.m.?

Might as well sleep to catch up on my bad sleeping.

When I settle in my bed I see a note on the pillow.

Isa.

The envelope adressed. I opened it and read.

I'll be here at ten, don't fall asleep

- Cam

He's coming in less than an hour.

Damn.