ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ-𝟷

"NO! DON"T DO THIS TO ME!! ARG!!"

I yelled angrily at my computer in front of me, desperately trying to save all of the hard work I had put into writing my long ass essay for my college professor. It's due tomorrow and losing it would be a for sure F. I'm one to always show my intelligence so if I got an F, I would never forgive myself. I pounded the keys on my keyboard furiously as thoughts ran through my head and finally, I fixed everything. I leaned back on my chair with a relieved sigh. "Damn that was close as hell.." I mumbled to myself as I closed my eyes, running a hand through my hair.

I'm in college for a major in computer science. I specialize in coding which has just always been my love. Ever since seventh grade when I first started coding in my computer class, I have just loved it. Also in all of the movies, the coders are badass so that's pretty much the entire reason I decided to major in it. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with my coding knowledge, maybe make a game or join a company and help them with technical things.

 just rested for a bit, just clearing my head but of course, things always get interrupted when they're enjoyable. The doorbell rang, telling me that the mail had finally come in. I sighed and pulled myself up from the chair and dragged my feet across the carpet to the bedroom door. I opened the bedroom door and slipped my slippers on before walking to the main door, opening it as well. I walked over to my mailbox and opened it. I normally don't get too much mail so I kind of figured there would be nothing but junk mail. There in the mailbox sat a plain black card.

"Weird."

I grabbed the black notecard and looked it over. It was completely black with a date and the word "Death" on the back. I furrowed my eyebrows confused as to why it said death or what the date meant. I looked around before I shook my head and walked inside of the house again. I took one last look around before I shut the door and locked it as normal. I then walked over to my kitchen table and set the card down. I looked at it a bit more before I figured I could look it up, see if anyone heard anything about it.

I took a quick trip to my room and grabbed my laptop before making my way back to where I had set the card down. I took a seat and then opened my laptop. I searched up the black card with a date of death and nothing, not a single page pinged back at me. "Time to get my hands dirty.." I mumbled and started to click around on the laptop, entering the dark web. There I searched it up once again and only one-page pinger back at me. I clicked the link and waited a couple of seconds for it to load before it shows the actual site.

It was a completely black website with a few words on it. I read them aloud to myself in a slight mumble. "The card reveals your time of death."

"What in the actual fuck?" 

I asked myself before I instantly left the site. I closed the laptop closed before I looked around. The card supposedly means that I will die on the date displayed on the card. I pick the card up in my hand and look at the date. It said, August 7, 2020, which is only three months from now. I shook my head. This is definitely fake, it has to be. I picked my phone up and dialed one of my friend's numbers.  

My friend's name is Jimin, we've been friends for so long, ever since we were in kindergarten. He hit me on the head with a ball in which I got angry about and we both started to yell at one another until a teacher took us to the principles office. We had to sit in the office until recess was over, right next to each other. At first, we just glared at each other but eventually, started to talk and became friends.

"What," Jimin said through the phone. There was a girl in the back, calling for Jimin. I forgot to mention, Jimin is kind of a man whore. "This is going to sound weird but I got this letter in the mail, apparently it's the date of my death?" I said through the phone, man, hearing myself saying that just made me realize how dumb it sounded. Jimin sighed through the phone, "I'm busy Y/n.." he whined. "I know, I know but I just- I don't know what to think of it," I said.

"It's probably just a prank Y/n." He suggested on the phone. "But what if it's not?" I said back. "okay, to make you feel better, I'll give you my friends' number, he's into things like that, maybe he'll help you hm?" He said. I smiled lightly, "Perfect, thankyou Jiminie." I said before I hung up the phone. I set my phone down and just stared at it, waiting to get the number, and sure enough, it popped up on my phone from Jimin. 

I added his number before I started to type a text, but would it be better to explain on-call or in-person? Will I just sound dumb as hell? I just sighed and decided to text him.

Y/n:
Uh hey, so I have something weird to ask. I'm Jimin's friend Y/n by the way. He gave me your number since you might be able to help me.

??:
Sure, what is it?

Y/n:
I got this letter in the mail, it's supposedly the date of my death? Also, mind if I ask what your name is?

Jungkook:
My name is Jungkook, I think we should maybe meet up somewhere.

Y/n:
Ah okay, What day? And what time?

Jungkook:
Are you free tonight at five?

Y/n:
Yeah

Jungkook:
Nice, let's meet at the riverside cafe then.

Y/n:
Alright, see you there then.

Jungkook:
See ya.

I let out a small sigh and looked around. "That went well..." I mumbled to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of chapter one, THE LETTER.

I hope you liked this and will continue reading it! 

I will update soon!