Suspence

Spencer

It's been a month and still no letter from Melody. Did she get it? Did she...die? I think as I walk into the BAU building. "Any word from Melody?" JJ asks. I shake my head. "It's okay Spencer. She'll be home before you know it. Maybe they're doing a scouting mission and just haven't had time to write." She comforts. "Thanks JJ." I say hugging her. "Oh by the way we have a case." she says once we pull away. We go into the conference room and Garcia presents the case. "Okay, before we start. Good news. We have a new pilot. He's permanent so no more part time subs. anyways, on to the case..." after she finishes we file onto the plane. The case is in Vegas, so I'll get to see mom. The plane takes off. "Gosh, do I miss hearing Mel on the intercom." Derek says going through his file again. "We all do." Rossi smiles. I slide the dog tags around my neck and tuck them in my shirt. "What're those?" JJ asks smirking. I pull them out. "Melody's dog tags." I reply smiling. "Aww" JJ and Garcia say at the same time. Garcia via video chat. "She said the one who holds her tags holds her heart!" Garcia says smiling. Hotch pats my shoulder. "Take care of her Spencer. She's a good woman." He says. "Will do, sir." I smile.

...

We solved the case and are taking a few days of. Right now I'm going to see my mom. "Hey Spencer! Welcome back. Let me take you to your mom." The receptionist says. My mom is sitting next to a book shelf reading. "Hey mom" I say smiling. "Hey baby, here sit." She says and I sit next to her. "So, who's the girl?" She asks after a while. "How'd you know?" I ask wide eyed. "A mother knows Spencer." She smiles. "Her name is Melody Hunt, she's 5'8", she has dark copper red hair, and these really unique eyes. She's Italian on her moms side and Scottish on her dads side. She's 30 years old. Her birthday is March, 30th and she's a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Air Force." I list off. "Wow. Impressive woman. Now, tell me about her." She says "I just did." I say. She shakes her head. "No, tell me about her." Ohhh. "Well, she has this beautiful voice. It's mellow and kind of earthy. Her hair looks almost a fiery red in natural light. She wears leaf green contacts to hide her half brown half blue eyes. Which are pretty light sensitive. She's funny, creative, bold, brave. She's amazing." I say smiling real big. Mom puts her hand on my shoulder. "She sounds wonderful, baby. Whenever you can please bring her to meet me." I hug my mom. "I will." We say our goodbyes and I go back to the hotel.

...

The next day we are on the plane bright and early. We take off towards Virginia

Once we land back home we go into the office to drop off the case files. "guys guys guys!! I have a letter from Mel!" Garcia says excitedly while holding up the letter.