11 ↠ TELLURIC CURRENTS

CHAPTER ELEVEN: TELLURIC CURRENTS

Margo sat down on the medium-sized wood slab with her knees to her chest, her chin resting on top of her knees. It had taken a while for the water to get high enough to the cables to rest in. It had gotten quite boring just sitting and waiting for Kali to arrive, that's all they've been doing this past week. Her fingers wrapped around the skinny laces of her boots, something to occupy herself so she wasn't sitting there doing anything.

"You're still mad" Derek spoke up, Margo looked around and saw Derek looking at her. Isaac and Boyd's eyes fell on her now. Margo shrugged her shoulders.

"I forgave you when everyone thought you died," Margo replied as she lifted her head, to answer him. "Now you're not dead, so you can fill in the pieces," Margo muttered. Derek let out a sigh and leaned his head back on the wall.

"Margo, I'm sorry, okay? I was just upset, I didn't want to believe . . . Erica was dead" Derek replied, slowly and softly speaking the last three words. The look on Boyd and Isaac's face had said it all. Boyd looked heartbroken at the mention of Erica's name, they were tied at the hip. They were going to run away together, find a new pack, and live a brand new life. That was the plan until the Alpha pack stopped them dead in their tracks, he watched her die. That's something Margo never wanted to experience, watching Isaac or any of her friends die, even Derek too.

Margo tugged on the lace of her boot, it came undone and Margo's hand began occupied in tying them back together. "You didn't have to yell at me though," Margo pouted like a child. Isaac kicked his foot out to hit her boot, she let out a sigh. Her eyes met with the Alpha across from her, "I forgive you, I just like to be petty."

Before Derek could open his mouth and reply her phone began to ring, she pulled her phone out from her back pocket. Ricky's appeared across the screen, she accepted and pressed it to her ear, "I like to start off by saying, screw you for ditching me on my first day of school. I made eye contact with Aiden and Ethan, it was awkward as hell!" Ricky snapped at Margo, she rolled her eyes and stood up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to coddle you, but I texted Stiles to take you under his wing for the day" Margo explained as she began to pace around the wood slab, a habit she had while talking on the phone. Occasionally she stepped over Isaac's feet so she would trip over them. She just couldn't stay still, the werewolves watched her curiously but she had a feeling they were listening to the call.

"Yeah, what a great decision that was. He's annoying as hell, and I don't think he likes me very much" Ricky replied, she could hear Stiles grumbling something to him. Margo snickered, she looked over at Isaac who had a small grin on his face.

"I don't think he likes anybody when he first meets them. You just gotta warm up to him, he's annoying at first but then you get used to it" Margo reassured him, it was true. Margo called him a Spaz until she actually got to know him, she was u faded by his comments and reactions.