09 ↠ THE STONE TAPE THEORY

CHAPTER NINE: THE STONE TAPE THEORY

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS TALK OF SUICIDE. IF YOU FIND THIS TOPIC TRIGGERING PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER! ILL INCLUDE A BRIEF SUMMARY AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER FOR IMPORTANT PARTS OF MARGO'S STORYLINE MISSED.

———

Margo leaned on the dresser while Lydia explained to them the disturbing sights she saw while going to retrieve towels. Allison was in the bathroom rubbing her brown locks with the fresh-smelling towels. Margo's bad feeling had gotten worse, motels may have their horror stories, but one hundred ninety-eight of them? So all the ghosts she saw wandering outside, that wasn't even half of them! That meant the motel rooms were jammed pack with them, Margo was sure that if Talia wasn't around her that she would be seeing all of them. How the hell was she supposed to sleep tonight knowing that she could wake up with a hoard of ghosts surrounding her bed? As long as Margo doesn't think about she'll be fine, right? The more she acknowledges it the more she's open to it.

Margo had never been this open before though, she knew that maybe every place she visits there might be one or two ghosts, but she never has seen them. When they found the body of the guy at the pool, she saw the ghost of him at the morgue. Although, when she chased Kyle's ghost into the woods she didn't see the body first. When she saw Erica, she never saw her dead body, but she did open her abilities up to let Erica in. What if that was the issue? Margo opened her abilities so she could see Erica or Boyd, and she never closed them back up. So ghosts are just sneaking in and showing up unannounced. Kyle led her to his body and that wasn't that bad? If scared her a little bit, but it's something she needed to get used to. With having an ability like a Seer, where the whole purpose is for you to see a ghost, to give a warning to werewolves. You're going to see ghosts, and if you're seeing ghosts they're going to help you. How is a parking lot full of ghosts going to help her?

"One hundred ninety-eight?" Allison quizzed making sure she heard the strawberry blonde correctly, she peeled out of the bathroom while shaking her wet hair onto the towel.

"Yes, and we're talking forty years. On average, that's — 4.95 a year, which is — actually expected. But who commemorates that with a framed number? Who does that? Who?" Lydia ranted. Lydia always amazed Margo, the way her brain worked, and function in no way that Margo's did, baffled her. Mostly because she used to try so hard to hide it, there's nothing wrong with being intelligent and she was glad that Lydia knew that now.

"That's a lot of ghosts" Margo muttered as she walked over to the empty bed. Margo sat down, she leaned back until her back hit the red bedding of the mattress. Allison walked out of the bathroom this time with a shirt on, she walked over to the bag and opened it up digging for her chapstick.