Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Hey guys! It's Christmas time at the Vega household. ;) I hope you love this chapter just as much as I loved writing it. I thought it would be nice to have a chapter full of no drama, just fluff hehe. Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all get everything that you want. And thank you for sticking with the girls for so long! More drama is definitely coming up and I'll try to update soon. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

The sound of Christmas bells was in the air, gold and silver tinsel strung over every piece of furniture and of course, a giant Christmas tree was put up in the middle of the lounge with gifts hidden beneath it. Tori Vega was wrapping presents on the couch, humming a tuneless melody, occasionally ripping off pieces of sticky tape for the wrapping paper. School was finished for the year and she was eager to spend more time with who was rapidly becoming her favorite person, Jade West. Their horror film had been a complete success but they hadn’t had a lot of chances to spend time together alone. Their friends had been insistent on going to as many Christmas parties as possible.

The sound of Trina stomping around upstairs put Tori’s teeth on edge and she rolled her eyes. Her sister had become more and more agitated lately. Tori suspected it was due to the absence of their parents who were disappearing on a regular basis. They had returned from their trip, but Tori had only seen them three times since. Usually it was for her mother to tell her that she wasn’t doing enough around the house and that she should step up seeing as her sister was about to go to university.

Tori sighed, feeling her mood plummet dramatically. It was two days until Christmas but she felt incredibly sad and lonely.

Tori’s phone buzzed then and she grabbed it. Jade’s name popped up on the screen and Tori felt a smile pull on her lips, her heart thumping erratically.

Vega, it’s snowing, can I come over?

Tori didn’t even hesitate with her answer.

Of course.

The butterflies in Tori’s stomach was almost overwhelming and she jumped up, racing to her room and changing into something she thought was more appealing. By the time her doorbell rang (Jade had finally respected her wishes of privacy) Tori was a sweaty mess. She wasn’t sure why she was so nervous, except maybe for the fact that she had never felt this strongly about another person in her life. It scared her.

“Vega? Hello? Anybody home?”

Tori took a deep breath and went downstairs, ignoring the screams of Trina’s ‘get the stupid door!’ and opened it. Jade West was standing there in all her beautiful glory, an impatient frown lining her features which immediately turned into a small smile once she saw Tori. The girl was dressed in a heavy black, fur lined coat, leggings and boots. Despite the layers of clothing, Jade still wrapped her arms around herself and shivered.

“Are you going to let me in Vega?” Jade smirked slightly.

“Y-yeah of course,” Tori blushed and stood aside, watching in slight awe as the girl strode inside and settled herself down on the couch.

“The house looks awesome, Vega. Did you do it yourself?”

Tori joined Jade on the couch and grimaced slightly.

“Yeah, I did all of it. No help from Miss Drama Queen up there and of course, you can count my parents out.” Tori averted her eyes to the floor and picked at the couch lining.

“Your parents fucking suck Vega, you deserve a lot better,” Jade murmured. Tori looked at her and found murky green eyes staring back. Jade’s gaze was so intense that Tori almost forgot where she was. “Merry Christmas Tori.”