Chapter Twenty-Seven

The text made Jade's cellphone vibrate on the bed. With tear-blurred vision, she read the message Tori had sent her and shook her head, willing herself not to cry further. 

Jade, I'm so, so sorry for what I said. I'm going out for a bit but I'll be back later and then I'm expecting us to sit down and talk, even if you don't want to. You know I didn't mean it baby. You know how much I care about you.

Just hear me out.

Jade slammed her phone down on the bed in frustration. Everything was going to hell and she felt hopeless. There was nothing she could do right now and was painfully reminded of how desperate she had felt when her mother was attacking her. The feeling was similar.

Don't think about that, Jade scolded herself but groaned aloud anyway, throwing her head against the pillow repeatedly. What was she going to do? Every fiber of her being was screaming at her to track Tori down and sort things out. She wanted to yell and stomp her feet but most of all, she wanted to shake her girlfriend and tell her... God, tell her how much she loved her. How she would feel if Tori was to leave her at this stage. How heartbroken she would be...

...Jade clenched her fists and fought the urge to pull her hair in frustration. It wasn't like her to get lovesick and she found herself wondering, for the millionth time, why Tori was so different. Beck had never gotten her as flustered as she was now.

Jade grabbed her phone, got off of the bed and headed back downstairs, giving Lucy a pat on the way. The dog followed her into the kitchen, clearly pining for food. Jade relented and gave her puppy some treats before slumping in front of the TV.

Where did Tori go, anyway?

She sighed and turned the TV on, unable to think of anything productive to do. A nagging feeling in her stomach was telling her that something was off, but she couldn't quite place a finger on it. She vaguely wondered if Tori was okay.

The TV soon became background noise for Jade's wandering mind and her eyes caught on Trina's letter on the coffee table. Biting her lip, she leant over and snatched the paper, scanning the overly feminine handwriting again.

You can always call me on my cell.

Jade had to be going crazy to actually consider contacting Trina Vega but on the other hand, perhaps she could give her some advice. She was Tori's sister after all. Jade got out her cellphone again, half expecting to see a text from Tori, but nothing. She swallowed the disappointment and instead, started to jab in Trina's number that was written on the back of the letter.

The phone dialed for a few rings before Trina actually picked up.

"Hello?"

"Trina, it's me," Jade said.

"Jade? You're the last person I expected to call."

"Yeah, well, I need some... advice," Jade's voice trailed off at the end.

"You need what?"

She sighed. "I need some advice."

"Advice?" Jade could hear the disbelief in the eldest Vega sister's voice. "On what?"

"Tori."

"What did you do?"

"Why do you automatically assume I've done something?" Jade exclaimed.

"Um, because you're Jade?"

"...Fair enough," Jade admitted. "Anyway, Tori and I had a fight and she sort of blamed me for everything shitty that's happening in our lives."