Chapter Nine

“I-I’ve got to go,” Jade stammered. She stood up from the bed quickly and without looking back, left Tori’s room like it was on fire. Tori sat there, staring at the now shut door, feeling her heart break. Oh, she’s really gone and done it now. Jade is never going to want to talk to her again! Tori felt hot tears prickling at her eyes and gently flow down her face. She curled up into a ball on her bed and cried harder than she’d ever done before. For the first time in years, Tori cried herself to sleep.

*

“What the hell happened last night?” Andre exclaimed as soon as Tori set foot into Hollywood Arts. “One moment everyone was having a good time at your birthday party and the next thing I know, Beck is crying- crying because Jade broke up with him... but for real this time,” Tori just sighed absentmindedly and Andre narrowed his eyes in annoyance. “And what is wrong with you girl? You look awful!”

“Why thank you Andre, for making me feel so much better,” Tori said sarcastically, moving to her locker.

“I’m just worried about you,” Andre said standing behind Tori.

“I know Andre, I know,” Tori got her books out of her locker. “Come to my house after school? I’ll explain everything.”

“Alright, I’ll be there,” the bell rang for class. “I’ll see you with Sikowitz.” Andre left and Tori walked to her English class very reluctantly.

“Tori! Tori wait!” Tori groaned internally and spun around to see a certain redheaded girl running towards her.

“Cat, I’m going to be late for class,” Tori sighed.

“I just want to know what’s wrong with Jade. She’s really upset,” Cat said breathlessly.

“I’ll tell you later, okay?” Tori said.

“But-”

“I said later, Cat!” Tori exclaimed and turned away from the flustered girl, walking fast to her class. Thankfully the day went by without any more incidents... until lunch that is.

Tori went to the cafeteria and sat down at the usual table, unfortunately Jade was there sitting next to Cat. Tori looked around for Beck and spotted the boy with Andre walking towards the table. It must be taco day as they were holding giant tacos that were spilling from the side. Tori sat in silence as Jade and Cat chattered about whatever they were talking about. Jade didn’t look at Tori once, which ripped the brunette's heart out.

“Hey girls,” Andre announced sitting next to Cat. Beck sat next to Tori and gave her a small smile. It was obvious he was still upset. That made the both of them. There was a palpable tension in the air and Tori had an overwhelming urge to run away as fast as she could. This was perfectly horrid. Andre cleared his throat and bit into his taco, chewing obnoxiously loud. Cat giggled and Jade glared at him.

“Where’s Robbie?” Beck asked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen him all day,” Cat said looking worried.

“Probably working on the drama assignment,” Andre commented. Tori’s eyes suddenly widened in shock. She automatically looked at Jade who had a similar expression on her face.

“Oh, shit!” she exclaimed suddenly.

“Oh my god!” Tori shrieked at the same time. She had completely forgotten about the huge assignment that was due in just over a week’s time.

“What’s wrong?” Beck asked.

“The assignment!” Tori’s voice had gotten ridiculously high.