Chapter 1

"MATTHEW KINGSTON! YOU'D BETTER GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE BEFORE I MAKE YOU!" Matthew's mom yelled from the kitchen. Matthew jumped, bolting down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

"I'M HERE! DON'T KILL ME!" Matthew exclaimed as he sat down at the dining table. His mom scoffed and placed breakfast on the table. "Mom~" Matthew whined childishly, "Eggs and bacon again?"

"You're lucky it's not fake." Matthew's dad laughed and looked up from his book. Matthew burst out in laughter as he remembered the time his mom gave his older brother, Zach, plastic food as a joke on April Fools' Day. Zach rolled his eyes and hit his brother on the arm.

xxx Time Skip xxx

After eating their breakfasts, Zach dropped Matthew off at his new school before heading off to attend his university classes. As Matthew walked into the school, many people stared at him. Some of the girls, even a few boys, were blushing lightly and whispering to their friends. Matthew held in a chuckle as he knew why they were staring, it was so obvious!

Matthew ran his hand through his chocolate brown hair and flashed his perfect smile at a nearby girl who's blush darkened drastically. He turned the other way as he walked and his emerald green eyes met someone with a pair of chestnut colored eyes. Matthew smirked and winked, causing the person to look away and cover their face. He put his hands in his pockets and walked into the school building where he got even more stares by the students in the corridors. 

Matthew chuckled as he knocked on the Principal's door before entering. "Good morning Mr. Kingston, I hope you're doing well." The principal greeted professionally and gestured for Matthew to sit down. He gave the Principal his signature smile and sat down, placing his bag on the ground next to the chair. The Principal reached into her desk drawer and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to Matthew. "This is your timetable for the rest of the semester, I'll have one of our students show you around." The Principal pressed the button on her microphone and asked for a student to come to the office as Matthew examined the paper in his hand.

A few minutes later, a tall boy with messy blonde hair with blue highlights walked into the office. The boy's electric blue eyes looked over at Matthew, then at the Principal. "You called miss?" The boy's voice called out. The Principal smiled and looked at Matthew.

"This is Alex, he'll be showing you around." The Principal said. Alex gave Matthew a lop-sided grin before nodding to the Principal. Matthew got up and slung his bag over his shoulder, walking out the door with Alex.

"So, what's your name?" Alex casually asked during the tour. "You already know mine."

"Matthew." He replied as he looked around the empty corridors. Everyone was already in their classes but they were allowed to skip the first few classes for the tour, which Alex was thankful for as he hated going to class.

~~~Time skip to lunch~~~

Matthew sat down with his food. Alex had invited him to join him and his friends for lunch and Matthew accepted the offer. Turns out, Alex and his friends were the popular kids at the school.

"Hey Matthew, why don't you join our friend group?" A girl named Sophie suggested with a grin. "You're suitable to join us, you've been the talk of the school since you arrived!"

Matthew contemplated her idea for awhile. "Sounds good." He shrugged with a smirk. The group cheered and welcomed Matthew into their group.

Ian, another guy in the group, spoke up. "By the way, has Alex told you about the guys who you should stay away from?" Matthew shook his head in confusion. Alex face-palmed himself and groaned.
'Is it really such a big deal?' Matthew thought. Ian sighed and pointed to the table at the corner of the canteen.

"You see that table over there with the 2 guys?" Matthew looked over and nodded. "They are the school's bad boys, don't go near them or else you'll most likely get hurt. The blue haired one is Zero. He's still pretty chill, just don't say anything about his family." Ian explained before gulping softly. "The black haired one with green highlights is Jace, he's the one who you must avoid. He'll beat you into a pulp if you even try to go near him."

Matthew shivered when he locked eyes with Jace. He immediately looked back at the others, trying not to scream with fear. His new friends all looked at him worriedly.
"What happened to you?" Alex asked Matthew, patting his back.

"I feel like I just locked eyes with the devil.." Matthew mumbled. They all told him it was fine and to just avoid Jace for the rest of the week, even though Matthew knew it wouldn't be possible.

Matthew excused himself from the table and went out of the canteen to call his brother.

"What do you want?" Zach groaned in annoyance, shushing the people nearby.

"Are you coming to pick me up later?"

"No, take the bus yourself."

"Please!" Matthew begged.

Zach was surprised but also worried at his brother's pleading. "Wait, what happened to you? Are you in trouble or something?"

"All I can say is that there is a 99.9% chance I'll die if you don't pick me up later." Matthew muttered as he saw a student walk past him.

"A-Alright, I'll pick you up later.." Zach stuttered at what Matthew just said to him. 'He'll die?' Zach thought to himself.

Matthew thanked Zach before he hung up. The corridors were now slowly filling up with students and Matthew looked around for his friends. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Matthew turned around before locking eyes with a blue haired boy.

"U-Uh.. Can I he-help you?" Matthew stuttered. The tall boy smiled warmly at Matthew and held out his hand which Matthew shook on hesitantly.

"I don't think we've met, you're the new kid yeah?" Matthew gulped and nodded slowly. "I'm Zero, I saw you in the canteen earlier."

"Y-Yeah.. I've heard about you.." Matthew mumbled. Zero sighed softly and leaned down to whisper into into Matthew's ear.

"Be careful of them..."