Who Took Over the Grimborn Tribe After Viggo's Death? (RTTE)

So here's been something that's been nagging me throughout this series

So here's been something that's been nagging me throughout this series. Who led the Dragon Hunters after Viggo's death? I mean, Viggo could've not been dead and gone back to his home island and ruled his Tribe (which is an entirely different discussion of which I will get into in another article), or Ryker could've not drowned or got eaten by that Submaripper sea-dragon, which means that either of them could've regained control of their Hunters.

But there's a scene that's been on my mind throughout the franchise that has me thinking that it's not the case:

(Sorry if it's a little blurry. I don't know why it's like that, since it was clear when I pasted it on here.)

Dagur: "Completely expendable, all three of them. Including Lars #2."

Ryker: "Lars #2 is my cousin!"

Dagur: "Oh, well, isn't that a great show of family support? Things get a little sticky, and old Cousin Lars leaves us with our swords in our hands!"

Yes, Lars the Second! Now, clearly, it says Lars Number 2, not that he's the Second, buuuut since we have practically zilch backstory on the Grimborn family, it's a toss-up. So it's honestly up to you guys whether he's Lars the First or Lars the Second. Hehe. ^_^

Anyways, I digress. So who would rule/inherit the Grimborn Tribe and the Dragon Hunter fleets (or any that remain) after the deaths(?) of the Grimborn brothers? Well... excluding any family members that we don't know of, I believe Lars #2 would be the best candidate for this — assuming, of course, that he wasn't executed after deserting, or got killed by a dragon.

So, assuming that Lars #2 didn't get executed or killed by man or beast or sea or sickness (etc), it's my belief — and headcanon — that Lars #2 managed to escape back to Grimborn Island (my name for their home island) and took over command.

Since it appears that where the Dragon Hunters were originally at in the Archipelago is a great distance from their home island, it would probably be fairly easy to gain control of the clan on the home island without fear of retribution since the Grimborn brothers were busy elsewhere with a certain group of Dragon Riders *wink, wink*.

Of course, this is assuming that they even have a home island in the first place and aren't coastal/nautical nomads to begin with. At which case, if it was the latter, then perhaps he stayed hidden until he heard word of their defeat, and then when the enemy left, he ended up gathering the remnants of the Hunters and possibly left from the Archipelago, since we don't really see them again by HTTYD 2 (though they could've simply gotten absorbed by Drago's army).

So what do you think? Who led the Hunters after the Grimborns' deaths? Was it Lars #2? Was it someone else? Or do you think it was Viggo or Ryker? I'd love to hear your thoughts! ^_^

Thank you very much for reading! Hope you have a great day!

Long Live the Night!

Noctus Fury

<><><><><><><><>

Word Count: 550 words

<><><><><><><><>

Date Published: 08/01/23