For LOVE?!

Incoming call: Unidentified caller

The words flashed across the screen. "Who could it be?" Shiro asked the unspoken question. "Should we answer it? Hunk inquired. "It is a distress call from an ally channel, of course we're answering it." Allura accepted the audio call.

"Hello. Our ship is in need of repair, and we need to rest. Can we dock?" a males's voice came through, unusually static-y. Keith and I shared a quick glance. "I swear I've heard that voice before..." I frowned slightly. "Who are you? Do you know who we are?" Shiro questioned. "We're...rebels. And we're aware you're the paladins of Voltron." He replied.

We all exchanged a glance. Allura nodded to Coran, who pressed something on the control board. "Permission granted. Airlock open." The call ended and the team suited up to welcome the guests. Once the airlock signified when the air was stabilized, the team entered to find something totally unexpected.

The red lion was crouched down. But it couldn't be our Red, the one that Keith pilots. She was in her designated hanger. The mouth opened and my jaw dropped. 2 men, suited in armour just like ours walked out. One guy looked like me, but older, toned, slightly taller, and sported a scar on the left side of his lip. His hair was cut into a sidecut and he was wearing...the red paladin armour? The other guy looked like an older version of Keith, but more muscular, grizzled and taller than my look-alike. While Keith had a mullet, which I'll admit he pulled it off, this guy's jet black hair was in a ponytail that came a bit past his shoulders.He also had a scar on his cheek. No homo, or whatever, but he looked hella hot.

My older look alike introduced them to us. "My name is Lance McClain and this," he gestured to the man with his arms crossed, "Is Keith Kogane. And yes, this is the red lion, no yours was not stolen."

"Wait, What?! I exclaim. "No way that's true! I'm Lance and the emo guy with the mullet is Keith." I ignore Keith's groan. "Who are you, really?" I raise an eyebrow skeptically. Shiro steps in and places his robotic arm on my shoulder, "Let's talk later in the lounge. Firstly, we've got to get these guys checked for injuries."

After a varga, the men were checked and treated. We stare at them for an explanation. "This is gonna sound weird, so hear me out." The blue eyed man started. "The team needed information on a certain planet, it was supposed to be a quick mission. Anyway, I volunteered to go and Keith decided to tag along because he's the team leader and shit. We were warned by Pidge that because this planet orbited a dark star, timespace was fragile. We weren't warned of the solar flare flashes. I tried to pilot us out while Keith contacted Allura. Next thing and I'm being screamed at to go through the potentially unstable wormhole Allura created for us. We were wormholed here, into a past reality. It took us a while to figure it out. So now we're here. And we need you help to get us back to our reality."

"Whoa..." Pidge blinked. "Wait." Shiro massages his temples. "You both are really Keith and Lance from a future timeline where you're around my age. Lance, you're piloting Red, and Keith is the team leader?" "Yeah, that's right." Alternate reality Keith nodded. "But I'd make an awful leader!" Keith divulged.

"Oh yeah. You were-OW!" Alter-Keith smacked his friend's head. "Heyyy! You were!" My older version whined. "However, with the help of the team you became an excellent leader." He reassured the frowning Keith. "Of course it took a while...Pidge and hunk were the only ones with 100% control over their lion. When the Black lion chose Keith, Blue rejected me and took in Allura. Red came to my rescue and that's how I became KEith's right hand man."

" What happened to Shiro?" Hunk blurts out. The blue eyed man winced slightly and glanced at his partner who stared blankly ahead. "We can't tell you. It's dangerous to know the future. Besides, our reality is just a possible future that branches off of your present." Alternate reality me explains and everyone nods in understanding.