Prisoner 2 1/2

When Lance was captured, everyone took the blame upon themselves. Shiro constantly woke up from nightmares, expecting Lance to be there to calm him down.Lance always seemed to know when Shiro was stressed, and always tried to calm him down and ask him to walk with him. Shiro didn't realize how dependent he was on Lance to be there. Through nightmares and when the stress was too much. They would sit on Shiro's bed, while Shiro would just vent on and on. Lance was always there to help him through. And when he woke up from his nightmares, Lance was never there. Then every night, he'd hate himself for not saving him. He was terrified of what Lance may be going through. He was the goddamn leader for fucks sake. He was responsible for everyone. And he failed. He failed Lance. It was his fault.

Allura could be found at the observation deck almost 90% of the time. She'd stand vigil, always trying to find clues as to where the beloved blue paladin was. She remembers the sleepless nights on which Lance often found her. He had found a room where it could simulate any terrain. Though it was used to train, Lance would take her there and sit in the middle of a juniberry field. He would listen to her stories and rants about Altea. Both knew the feeling of homesickness. In those times, Lance would hardly speak. He would simply listen intently to Altea, or be there for her when Allura was too choked up to speak. She should have done better.

Pidge hadn't slept since Lance was taken. She was constantly at the lounge doing everything in her power to find Lance. She lost Matt once. She wasn't going to let the damned Galra take another brother. Running purely on the Altean version of coffee and energy drinks, she'd hack into the Galra's system to find Lance. She avoided looking at the time, because she was reminded of Lance. Lance would find her here every night, on her computers, looking for Matt. He would try and pull her away from the computer, but she would always resist him. After giving up on wrestling her, Lance would sit down beside her and force her to talk to him. So she would. She would talk about Matt, how much she missed him, her progress, and difficulties. Lance would sit beside her, paying her 100% attention as she talked. When she was done, he'd take her computer out of her hands, gently, and save everything. "Sleep on it," he'd say with a caring smile. "Wouldn't want our genius to pass out of exhaustion. Come on." Pidge should have seen the soldier go to close the door. She should have warned everyone sooner. She should have delayed the closing of the door of the airlock. She should have done better. She failed to do better.

Hunk was constantly stress cooking. Admittedly, some of his best dishes came from stress cooking. He devoted himself to it. Putting his all and everything. When he finished a dish, he would burst into tears. Every. Single. Time. It was a Cuban dish, some of Lance's favorites. When he was done crying. He would deliver the food to everyone, as nobody could stand coming to eat food together. Lance was Hunk's best friend. He should have protected Lance. He had started getting panic attacks more frequently again. Back in the Garrison, Lance would always be there to help him though it. And whenever he had one in the castle, Lance would hug him and ask him to describe everything he feels, sees, smell, and hears. But Lance wasn't here to help him.

But Kieth. Kieth was always training. He'd train hard into the night, only stopping when he could no longer move. He would pass out for 2-3 hours and eat when Hunk came to give him food. And then he would train again. It should have been him. He should be the one being tortured right now. Not Lance. Not his Lance.

When Pidge screamed that the airlock door was closing, their only escape, he and Lance were the farthest away. Together they began running as fast as their feet could take them. Soldiers tried to grab at them, but Lance always would shoot them down before any of them could lay a hand on Kieth. They kept running through the twisted corridors. Allura guided them from the castle, shouting commands into their helmets. Kieth and Lance finally reached the door. It was more than half way closed. Galra soldiers had caught up to them and were firing with their guns. In a swift movement, Lance grabbed Kieth and pulled him into a hasty kiss. Kieth froze, unable to process that Lance, the boy he fell in love with, kissed him. "It has to be you." Lance had whispered. Kieth didn't understand. Lance pushed Kieth out of the ship, just before the door closed shut. Kieth screamed and hit the metal repeatedly in vain. No, no no no! Lance...was captured. He sacrificed himself for Kieth. He should have pushed Lance out. He should have been the one to be captured. He couldn't stand the pain of losing someone he loved again. Not again.

I'm sorry.