Chapter 23: A Womanizer, Who Drinks And Who Smokes

CHAPTER 23: A WOMANIZER, WHO DRINKS AND WHO SMOKES

"Page, what will gonna happen?" I can't contain my uneasiness when Page drives his car as if he's in a racetrack.

"Nothing will happen Kate as long as you're not going to be towed into this." His face is so serious. "I can't get you home, they'll trace your address. I'll find a way, I promise." I just nod with what he is saying then he suddenly call someone, "Hello, make a hotel reservation for me please! That'll do, alright, we're on our way."

It's been nearly an hour and we're still on his car and finally it finally meets its halt. We're on a basement. "Keep your hat lowered Kate." He steps outside and opened my door to assist me out.

"You reserved a suite room?" I'm angry at him for spending too much for such nonsensical reason. "I can't take you home, Kate. You know that." He sounds so firm. I'm pacing back and forth when I felt the pain so I walks toward the Buckingham Beige Velvet Tufted Sofa. "Ouch," I whimper. Page immediately run towards me and asks, "Why Kate? What's the matter?" He saw it because his eyes gone big. He touches my sore foot. That's the result of running on the cemetery a while back wearing high-heeled shoes. It's kind of painful as Page slowly stretches my foot but I tried to stop myself from griping.

"I'm sorry Kate." I hate it. He always apologizes for nothing. This guy, my best friend 10 years ago.

We're so silent, really silent. It's awkward. We're sitting on the same couch and we're feeling both problematic. "Maybe I can call my dad for some help Page?" The shock is evident in his facial expression. "You know, we kinda settled it out. I'm thankful though that I don't resent a person anymore." I forgot that I've been staring at Page for a minute-long and the weird part is that, he's staring at me too! Boldly staring right through my eyes. I miss his face, his eyes, his nose, his lips. His lips what?! I finally manage to draw myself to reality and his face is just an inch away now from my face. I close my eyes, then there, he kiss me. I thought it'll just last as a split of a second but he's not done yet. He touches my hair and gently strokes it, as he shifts his lips exploring more of my lips. I can feel my blood rushing to my face.

When he finally let go, I took a deep breath and I was caught off guard when he admits, "Kayleena Ayla Therene Eleanore Calthorpe Hughes, I want to resume my feelings for you. It started when we were still kids and I think, wrong, erase, I mean, I know not just think that I love you, I want to protect you. I love you."

I feel uneasiness right through me. Everything Damian told me before is echoing. He told me that Page is a womanizer, who drinks and who smokes! I don't know what to say. And there's this Elizabeth Craig girlfriend he has. And so, I wasn't able to control myself, I slapped him so hard and shock is evident in his face.

~End of Chapter 23~