Chapter 29: Dragging Me Around Like a Boss

KATE'S POV

The tranquility brought by sleeping is really one of the best sensations in life. As I enjoy the comfort of everything soft, am I on a bed? What a very delicate bed it is. The bedspread is at its finest! I don't want to open my eyes, not yet. I just want to sleep all my life-

"Ghost!"

I shriek because there's rustling, something move in a jerky way landing on the bed, beside me!

"Nah...I'm not a ghost babe, it's me, your captain Philippe!" His voice was so weary. He urgently needed sleep, I guess? He sounded so drained and shattered. Oh, perks of being a celebrity.

I really want to disconnect all of his joints but Philippe is my friend and he lets me rest on this house? Is this a house? Whose house?

I nudge him, "Where are we?" I stand up and face him, his eyes are closed.

Without bothering to open his eyes, "My house. My own house. My fucking house from my own fucking money."

He got a filthy mouth from all of a sudden. "Okay, okay sleep."

What does he mean when he said 'own house'?

I look at the massive yet paper thin digital clock pinned on the marble slab on Philippe's luxurious interior wall covering; it's just 11:16 in the morning.

This is a man's house yet it smells so good. So not all men are grimy, it's a fact. There come the shivers, I know the air conditioner was set too cold. Oh my, Philippe is cold too I know as I see him try to cover himself unconsciously by the bed cover. Maybe I should adjust the thermostat.

Right outside the door, it's a magnificent flight of stairs but a not-so-children-friendly-style of staircase, he got railless stairs. Ugh, what if he gets home drunk, it's not impossible that he might get into an accident in here.

Walking on this flight of stairs I can associate myself into a bride walking down the aisle, it's not that I want to marry soon but the groom , there it is, the grand piano is immediately waiting for me downstairs. The ivory keys, the sensation is unreal, for years and years, I never got the chance to play piano again. However, this is not mine after all so I got to move on.

My jaw drops at the sight of his supposedly-living-room-area-turned-out-into-a-libray. Wow. I didn't know that Philippe is interested in medicine! I manage to secure a seat infront of an inclined table. There's a notebook and I don't want to open it as usual. Is he self-studying? Wow. I didn't know that he studies like this. Seeing one of his books open, I took the chance in scrutinizing. They were delicately studied page-by-page. There are sidenotes at every margin. I don't really believe this. Okay, I'm gonna stop now. And you Kate Hughes, why are you so nosy from all of a sudden? I really need to scold myself.

With the aim of a finding a drink, I went to Philippe's kitchen and there's the two-door refrigerator. It's a big sight so it's easy to spot where will I get my drink. Is everything in this house turned out to be massive? Not to mention the chandelier on the living room. All of this could just be normal but knowing that this is just his house, just his money, this is jaw dropping!

There's a cake inside the refrigerator. Coincidentally, I'm having my birthday today but it's a big-NO-NO to birthday parties. Where are my things by the way?

Rushing upstairs to find my things, I noticed that there's another room aside from Philippe's room. It's open, partly open but I can't afford to peep inside it, it's off the limits. My curiosity is probably at its peak but my intention is to find my things, to find my sling bag which is most likely on Philippe's room.

There I see it on the couch at the end of the bed where he silently sleeps.

And so I got 32 missed calls, all from Damian. Making a quick reply, "I'm with Page. We're okay. Don't you dare worry about us. Thank you by the way for accompanying me at an early hourthere at the archery field. You're a friend I really treasure!"

This is getting worst because something caught my eye AGAIN there on the bedside table. It's a planner. Philippe's planner.

Oh Philippe! And so he had to shoot for a music video last night till dawn. He'll die early with these kind of schedules I'm seeing right now. Again, perks of being a celebrity.

Unconsciously, I take a few strides to be near him. And in case that he'll wake up I don't even care anymore, "Hey, hanggang 5 am ka palang gising. Tapos, nandoon ka na agad sa archery field at nakikipaglandian kay Miss Perf Elizabeth Craig. Akala ko ba magaling kang tao Philippe! Ano ka ba naman Philippe, gusto mo bang mamatay ka ng maaga? Dapat samantalahin mo iyang mga free time mo to rest!" I'm being a fool talking, not just talking but scolding a sleeping angel. "Whoa! You're awake?" He pulls me towards him and whispers, "I can understand and can talk using Filipino language babe, nice try. Hindi ako mamamatay ng maaga dahil I wanna spent a very long life with you."

I want to laugh because of his so-Britishy-British-accent in talking Tagalog but the words that he just said, I wonder if they were genuine, because I'll fell hard if those weren't. Oh my God, I love the sound of his manly chuckle, why did You create such sound God because I'm afraid that I might get addicted to it. I hope not! And I'm back to my senses, how come that he can still joke around. "Let go please," I sounded too serious. He immediately releases me and grab the palm of my left hand, slipping his fingers to mine. "Happy birthday to you, love."

Without letting go of my hand, he drags me outside and I gain enough guts to shout, "Philippe! Why do you keep on dragging me around like a boss?" His grin fades, oh please, bring it back Philippe, bring it back. I didn't mean to scream at you like that. He pulls me into a tight hug and he talks without breaking the hug, "I'm sorry."

I'm surprised when the door on the other room creaks. "Daddy? Who is the lady?" My hand race to my mouth but my mouth is already there on my throat.