Chapter 5

A week after the old people ball, things changed for me. But being Skylar Cruise meant that the change was not good.

Let's just say, Dean Bourne was the drastic change.

I mean, you save a girl from face planting and you allow her to borrow your hoodie, so suddenly you have the right to acknowledge her existence?

Whenever I saw him around the school, he would either wink at me, smirk or (and this was the worst) he would do that weird "sup" head nod thing.

That would have implied that we were friends, which we definetly were not.

Oh and the worst part, he had permenantly began sitting next to me in calculus. Ultimately meaning I gained a lot of unnecessary attention from Allen.

I groaned loudly as I slammed my locker shut. Dean's constant presence had made me dread going to school.

I obviously hadn't been paying attention, because I forgot to zip up my bag, and by the time I had spun around, all the contents in my bag spilled onto the floor.

Splendid.

I let out the manliest grunt you will ever hear.

I angrily got down on my knees and began picking up all the stray papers that had been splattered all around the floor.

The words that I muttered as I picked up my papers would have made a sailor blush.

My hand brushed up against someone elses as I picked up my last book.

I quickly looked up at the person, who handed me the book.

There are no words to describe what I felt when I saw Romeo holding my book.

He put his hand out to help me up. I hesitantly grabbed it and he helped me to my feet.

"T-thanks." I stuttered.

Dang it.

"No problem." He chuckled slightly, running his hand through his perfectly quiffed hair. The same hand I had just touched. Meaning, indirectly, I had touched his hair.

I touched Romeo Wilkinson's hair!

He held my gaze and I felt my cheeks heat up. Instantly I looked down to my bag, shoving everything in and making sure to zip it up this time.

When I looked back up, I expected to see that Romeo had left. However, (I loved that word in this context) he remained in the same spot, watching my awkward and speedy movements.

"I'm Romeo." He half smiled at me, putting his hand out for the second time.

"I know, we had all the same classes in year nine- I mean, I'm Skylar." I quickly shook his hand, hoping he didn't find me creepy.

And yet again, he chuckled.

"Well, Skylar from all of my year nine classes, what subject do you have next?"

Um.

After being the embarrassing little poop I was, Romeo had decided to continue talking to me? He was interested in my next class?!

"I-um, I have um, English." I was a stuttering fool.

"Cool, I'll walk you there.

Hold the truck up.

I had a crush on Romeo for around 14 years. Three year old me dreamt about this. He even looked serious. My stomach did a cartwheel.

I nodded.