Dean's POV

After a careful review of the talented group of applicants, we are pleased to inform you your application has been successful... early admission... class of 2019. 

I slowly reread the words over and over again. My application to the Tisch School of the Arts had been successful, meaning in merely two months, I was off to college.

The only person who knew that I had even applied was my mother. Everyone else had merely assumed that I would work for my dad after high school.

Yet here I was, an apparent delinquent, who had achieved the seemingly impossible. I was going to film school, all the way on the other side of the country.

How was I gonna tell Dylan? He wanted me to get him a job too. How would I tell my dad? Not that he would care anyway.

More importantly how would I tell Skylar? The girl who I was finally able to call mine?

I knew most high school relationships didn't work out, but the long distance would become an added factor against our relationship.

I didn't want her to grow to resent me because I wouldn't be around. Being with Skylar was all I had ever wanted, but attending film school was a dream of mine that my mother had encouraged to follow.

One of her only wishes for me was to attend film school and accomplish everything I wanted to.

So it was set. I knew exactly what I had to do.

~~~~~

They say letting go is tough, but holding on hurts just as much.

I knew if I told Skylar the truth about why I had to let her go, she would hold on to me and try to convince me we could make it work.

So for once in my life I had to refrain from being selfish. In the long run, our temporary broken hearts would feel less painful than the strain of a long distance relationship. 

I had to tell her words that would cause her to no longer fight for us. Words that would give her the ability to move on with her life. Words that potentially hurt me more than they could ever hurt her. I had to tell Skylar Cruise a lie that would haunt me forever.

Four words that would change everything. For the next two months before leaving for Tisch, I would see her at school and know I caused her pain by my words.

"I don't love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay so this is my final update for this book... like ever. I wanted to write Dean's point of view for the piece of mind for everyone who didn't quite like the ending.

If I can find a good enough plot I would consider writing a sequel but for now I like how it is....

Feel free to vote/comment and whatnot.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me as I wrote this. I do actually read and appreciate every comment and message you send me xoxo

Merry Christmas guys