Chapter 17

Mcfly were so wrong. Because if this was love, love definitely wasn't easy.

My heart literally ached. In the short period of time  Dean and I were apart, I had not been able to stop crying. The day constantly replied in my head. I had been stupid enough to not block Romeo and I had been stupid enough to order Dean to leave.

My pride was the only reason I hadn't gone back to him and begged for his forgiveness. Damn pride.

"Sky, you're looking off into space again." Casey waved his hand in front of my face, sympathetically smiling.

"Sorry." I weakly smiled. It had been like that during lunch and interval. Alex, Casey, Dylan or Hunter would try to make conversation with me, and I would respond with a distant look and mumbled apologies.

Dean no longer sat with us. In fact, I never saw him around school. He had a ken my words too seriously and basically slipped off the surface of the earth.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I contemplated looking at it, thinking there was a possibility it was Romeo. But the again, it could have been Dean.

I hesitantly pulled my phone out of my pocket. My heart immediately stopped. It was Dean.

Meet me in the parking lot - Dean

I instantly shot up out of my seat, ignoring my friends who were asking where I was going.

He wanted to talk to me. Despite the fact that I had literally pushed him away. I planned my apology as I made my way out of the school.

There he was. The boy of my dreams, standing by his motorcycle. Dean let out a small smile when he saw me approach him. Instantly I felt my cheeks burn up.

"Thanks for coming, Cruise." Dean's tone was low.

I stepped closer, attempting to hug him, but he immediately took a step back.

I guess everything was not as great as I had thought.

"Dean-"

"No, listen." He cut me off. Subconsciously, his hand went to his hair. A nervous habit of his.

I nodded lightly, allowing him to continue talking.

"These last few days have been hard for me." He paused. I felt exactly the same. Time without him had been hell.

"But-" Oh dear God, I hated that word.

"-it gave me a lot of time to think." He stepped closer to me and placed his hands around my waist. I melted into his arms.

Dean lightly kissed my forehead, then moved to my nose and finally my cheek. I closed my eyes, savouring the warm feel of his lips.

His lips lightly hovered over mine. I waited for the kiss, but it never came.

"I can't be with you Skylar."

His words were slow. My heart came to an immediate stop and I pulled away from him so I could study his features.

"Wait- what do you mean." My voice was a soft and broken whisper.

He frowned slightly, his delicate features that I had grown to love, were scrunched up in a way that showed he had deeply thought this through.

Dean's piercing hazel eyes quickly darted across my face as though he was looking at me for the final time.

"Skylar, this isn't working." He held me closer. I clung onto him for dear life, as tears slowly made their way down my face. My make up would definitely stain his white shirt.