Chapter 15

They say life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs, and all we can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

Well,currently my life was going up. I smiled, when I looked up to see Dean lightly chuckling. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and everything in that moment felt so right.

It was funny how life worked out. I had never imagined myself with someone like Dean. I mean, he was the bad boy of the school. But the funny thing is, life worked in mysterious ways.

I don't know at which point I had fallen for Dean, all I know was it was worth it.

"What are you staring at, Cruise?" Dean's hazel eyes looked down at me. I had been so caught up in the moment, that I had stopped paying attention to the movie.

"Nothing, nothing. I was just mentally comparing you to Dave Franco." I cheekily replied.

"What, this guy?" He pointed to the TV. "His eyebrows are insane."

"Better than yours." I laughed. His hands immediately went to his eyebrows.

He was about to say something, when Phoenix burst into my room. That girl had the worst timing.

"Skylar, Dylan's here!" She excitedly squealed, rushing her words. As soon as she realised Dean's presence, her cheeks turned a soft shade of pink.

"Hey Phoenix." Dean smirked, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly. He knew about Phoenix's crush, but he hadn't told Dylan. I paused the movie, laughing at how uncomfortable Phoenix looked and stood up, pulling Dean up with me.

"What, why do I have to come?" Dean whined, trying to return to his spot on my bed.

"Because your best friend's here." I deadpanned.

"Your extremely attractive best friend." Phoenix added. I glared at her and in return she shrugged.

"It ain't like it's not true." She mumbled. The girl had no shame. I ignored her this time and returned my attention to Dean.

He loosely wrapped his arms around my waist and softly kissed my forehead.

"Let's go." I smiled. The three of us made our way downstairs to Dylan, who was laying on the couch and had clearly made himself comfortable.

I cleared my throat, instantly gaining Dylan's attention. He attempted to casually sit back up, but ended up falling backwards off the couch and onto the floor.

"Smooth." Dean laughed at his friend and helped him up. Phoenix softly giggled in the background, obviously enjoying how cute Dylan looked, his cheeks softly turned pink, seeing as he was obviously embarrassed.

"You okay?" I asked, stifling a laugh.

"Brilliant." He said, straightening up his shirt which had been lifted by his fall. He looked to me, then Dean and focused his attention on Phoenix.

"Guys, I uh- need to talk to you... in private." He mumbled the last part, as though he didn't want Phoenix to find out his dirty little secret. Normally I would've laughed at his sudden tone, but something told me that something was wrong. His eyebrows knitted together and he played with his hands, showing his obvious concern.

Phoenix realised it was her queue to leave, and hesitantly, she did just that.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly scared to find out the answer. I self consciously wrapped my arms around myself, only to have Dean wrap his arms around me too.

"It's my parents." Dylan spoke softly. Instantly my mind rushed with every negative thing that I could possibly think of. Had they died? or kicked him out?

"They think I'm gay." He spoke slowly. Wait, what!? I held in my laughter when I saw his serious face.

"Wait, what?!" Dean voiced my thought. I liked it when he did that.

"Are you?" As soon as those words slipped out of his mouth I squealed a little, gaining weird looks.

"Dean, what the hell man, you know who I like. My parents think because you have a girlfriend and I've never had one, I must be gay."

Before I could even think about laughing, it dawned on me that one of the hottest guys in school had never had a girlfriend. It was possible for beautiful to have not been in relationships.

The concern laced on his face worried me slightly, but I couldn't resist to ask,
"And who is it that you like?"

I raised an eyebrow slyly and his face turned a lovely shade of pink. The boy was sprung.

"You know her." He replied in a hushed tone.

My mind whirred. Phoenix was my first thought. Or maybe Brooklyn, hence his fear to tell me. Or maybe it was death herself, Kayley.

I was physically ready to slit Dylan's throat for liking my nemisis, when Dean spoke in an amused tone.

"Hunter."

The sound of glass shattering in the next room broke the tension. It was obvious that Phoenix had been listening, and the prospect of her crush liking someone else was too much to handle, that she had allowed the glass to be momentarily released from her hand.

There was going to be a Nicholas Sparks marathon later.

But on the other hand, my boyfriends best friend liked my best friend. I had to somehow find a way to get the two together. This was going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sooooo sorry for the lack of updates ! I suck, I know :(

I've just been super busy and stressed and ya, that's no excuse, sorry guys !

But feel free to like/comment. I try to reply to comments :) x