Chapter 9

I quickly ran down the stairs, careful not to trip. There was no way I'd embarrass myself in front of the "extremely attractive young man".

To my shock I saw Phoenix standing, talking to the last person I expected to see - correction, she was flirting with the last person I expected to see.

She had no shame.

But the only thing that was wrong with this picture was his presence. I mean, why was he here? I really didn't need a reminder of what had just happened.

"Dylan."

I spoke very monotone. I gestured for him to follow me upstairs. He walked in silence close behind me. When we reached my he noticed Casey sitting on my bed.

"You okay dude?" Dylan asked.

Really? A guy gets punched in the face and that's what he gets asked? What would've happened if he had been hit by a car? Would it have been upgraded to you alright man?

"I'm good. How's Dean?" Casey asked. To be completely honest, I was mad at Dean and I didn't care how he was. Did he think he was being a man by defending my honour or whatever? I had never asked for anything from him.

"He's actually in the car." Dylan spoke, directing his words to me. I rolled my eyes and groaned very loudly. This was probably some sort of intervention where Dylan would try make Casey and I go see Dean, but nope. Not me.

"He wants his hoodie back." Dylan shrugged.

Oh.

So it wasn't an intervention. If Dean wanted his hoodie back, why had he sent his best friend to ask?

I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed Dean's hoodie. My actions were swift and deliberate. I needed to get that thing out of my house.

"Here." I threw the hoodie at Dylan, who stepped away from it, completely avoiding an easy catch. Irritated, I loudly grunted and rolled my eyes.

Why was he being so difficult?

"I'm not giving it to him, you are."  He said, with a small grin. He was obviously pleased with himself. Probably thought he was a love doctor.

"Yeah Sky, go give him his hoodie." Casey piped in, a bright smile on his face.

Maybe I should also punch you in the jaw.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. Some part of me desperately wanted to run into Dean's open arms and thank him for everything but the other part of me, the part that was infatuated by Romeo, hated him for hurting Romeo.

I sighed and picked up the hoodie, pushing past Dylan I walked out of my room. I had to face Dean eventually.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, contemplating hiding the hoodie somewhere and running back to my room, but I knew that was a stupid idea. I let out a heavy breath as my hand hovered over the door knob.

It was now or never.

I walked over to Dylan's car and knocked on the window. He had obviously seen me come out the house, but I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my hands around my elbows as I waited for him to open the door. Very quickly, he opened the door.

I backed up a bit as he got out the car. Then, there he was. Standing in front of me. Bruises from the fight evident on his face. He looked down at me. A guilty look on his face. He looked like a lost puppy, which made me immediately feel bad for my previous thoughts.

Before I knew what I was doing, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a tight hug. He stiffened at first, but after a brief second, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

We stayed like that for quite a while. It was Dean who broke the embrace by pulling away.

"Dean-"

"No, Cruise. I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me," he sighed, "Seeing that smug jerk. I had to hit him and after a while I couldn't stop. I didn't mean to hurt Casey. And I certainly didn't mean to hurt you or scare you." He spoke in a low tone, looking deep into my eyes.

There was a brief moment of silence as I processed his words. Dean was obviously far more complex than I thought.

"Your-um. Your hoodie." I handed Dean back his hoodie. He looked down at it confused, but took it anyway. I smiled a little at him, causing him to smirk ever so slightly.

There was the Dean I knew and loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Guys, I know this is legit my shortest update yet, but I really didn't think there was much I could add to it and I really wanted to update :( Sorrryyyyy

But I promise the next one will be longer and better.

Thank you so much for all the reads and positive comments......