Chapter 4

Mum and Dad are out, won't be back till tomorrow,
So I'm sleeping at Rach's
- Phoenix

Great. My 14 year old sister had more of a social life than me.

Phoenix Cruise. Rather than boring you with the details of what she looks like, I'll leave you with a quote I've heard one too many times.

"Phoenix looks like a mini Skylar, only prettier and not as chubby."

I quickly ran up the stairs to my room, dumped my bag on the floor and took off Dean's hoodie. I needed to get it as far away from me as possible.

Did I mention earlier that I had been wearing a white singlet? The chocolate yoghurt and fruit salad had left a disgusting stain. It looked as though my singlet had been crapped on by a baby.

After staring at the stain for a while, I pulled off my singlet, throwing on the closest shirt I could find, which just so happened to be a Nirvarna shirt Casey had left behind.

He had only bought it because I had told him I thought that Nirvarna were overrated.

I grugingly put it on. It still smelt like Casey. Chanel: Allure Homme Sport.

So what if I knew his scent? He was my best friend.

I ran down the stairs, grabbing my laptop and phone before sitting down on the couch.

Stiles waits for nobody.

As my laptop powered on, I grabbed a packet of sour skittles from the pantry. At this point my life was complete.

However (There's that word again) life for Skylar Cruise could never be quite so easy.

'Me and My Broken Heart' by Rixton started playing, signalling that I was recieving a phonecall. More specifically, a phonecall from Casey.

"Sky, can you please do me a favour?" He frantically asked, before I could annoyedly say 'What-ya want, boy?'

"What-ya want, boy?" I rolled my eyes.

"Be my date."

Insert long and awkward silence. Casey had just asked me out. My heart started rapidly beating. I had never seen Casey like that. I mean, he was like a brother to me. What was the most polite way to decline his offer? Should I have laughed? Was I really that irresistable that he-

"Not like that, Sky!"

Oh.

"My parents are forcing me to go to some ball type thing at Dad's work tonight and if I don't have a plus one, they're forcing me to go with Brooklyn."

"What?!" I basically yelled down the phone.

"Are they crazy? Do they hate you? Do they not realize that if this was High School Musical, Brooklyn would be Sharpay's ugly dog?!"

"Do you see why I need you." I could almost see Casey's puppy dog face. It was honestly the most adorable thing ever. His blue eyes made it impossible for anyoneto reject him. And when he did his pout. Aw. A mother would give up her child if he asked with the puppy dog face.

"Caseeyyyy." I dragged out his name, purposely prolonging my response while I mentally picked out my outfit, in hopes that he would try to bribe me.

You see, in all honesty I would have gone with him regardless. Brooklyn was kind of obsessed with Casey. Before he was ever my best friend, and before Brooklyn had joined Kayley, she would always tell me about her crush on him.

If you thought that I was obsessed with Romeo, you would have to invent a new word to describe Brooklyn's feelings towards Casey. Poor boy. She had named their children.