Chapter 9- Pain

* Chapter 9- Pain *

Dean Sanders

"This is impossible, Mom! What the hell am I supposed to do?" I shouted, my voice cracking. It's been two days since Mia left, two freaking days and I've never missed anyone so much in my entire life.

"Sweetie, everything will work itself out in the end", my mother spoke, trying to be encouraging. I scowled in reponse, slamming my body onto a wooden chair in my kitchen. I heard my mother sigh, clearly unsure of what to say to me.

I didn't know what to do.

When I woke up that day and saw the note sitting on the counter, my heart shattered and my wolf howled. I was angry that she was out there on her own, unsure of where she was going. I was upset that she didn't tell me about her family problems. But most of all, it hit me hard that she barely addressed us as 'friends'. In that short time she was here, her and I shared a connection.

The way she blushed if I said something flirtatiously, the way she giggled when I did something stupid. The way I looked at her with so adoration and love, she probably thought I was a creep.

It hurts so bad to have her just leave, and I can't even tell her how I feel.

My mother stood behind me, trying to cheer me up in every possible way. I tuned her out, trying to calm myself down before I had some sort of panic attack.

Soon, she walked over to the stove and began to boil water, most likely making tea. When I was younger, tea would always soothe me, but I don't think anything could at this moment.

My mother stayed the entire afternoon, speaking to me about every possible thing on her mind. I grunted some random response, obviously not intrested in making conversation. After a while I think she just gave up, bidding me goodbye before leaving me alone.

I decided to take a long shower to relieve my stress, letting the warm water run down my tense body. I let all my thoughts about Mia go and calmed myself down using some breathing exercises my father taught me when I was younger. Surprisingly, it worked and realized my temper was gone. I sighed, soaking up my relaxation time.

When I was finished, the tips of my fingers had wrinkled up, indicating I was in there for a long time. I didn't mind, I had nothing better to do now that my mate was gone.

There you go again, my wolf growled. I clenched my fists and bit down on my back teeth, not wanting to get worked up right now. All I needed was some much needed sleep.

I walked out of the bathroom and slipped on a pair of boxers, getting in my disheaveled bed. Once my head hit the pillow, my eyes were shut and I fell into a deep slumber.

***

A Month Later:

"Dean? What the hell are you doing? I told you to be here at 11! Get up!" A loud voice boomed from downstairs, waking me up from my sleep.

I groaned, rolling on my side and sitting up. For the past month, I've been helping my father keep up with his Alpha duties. It's pretty hard work, and I have to admit I'm nervous that I'll mess up horribly when I become Alpha.

In a flash, my father was standing in my doorway fuming with anger.

I looked up at him a bit embarrassed, seeing as this was the fourth time I've been late this week.

"Sorry Dad, I'm just exhausted. I'm not used to this", I admitted, trying to play the guilt card. However, my father didn't look phased. His jaw was clenched and his hands were balled into fists at his sides, making me gulp.