Chapter Fourteen

(A/N: Sorry for the long wait, dear readers. I was taking a break and I have also been busy with some other stuff, but, I hope you can forgive me. Here's a kind of long chapter (made over six pages on word) to help make up for it (hopefully) and there should be more to come!)

Chapter Fourteen 

The fateful night that my motel manager had attempted to rape me, was an event that I doubted I would ever be able to forget, even as time wore on. 

It was now nearing the end of June, I had been living with David for months, and I had eventually started going back to school in a desperate attempt to make up for the few months I missed in hopes of finishing my grade twelve year. 

Thankfully, with a lot of hard work on my part and some help from David, I made it. 

My father had accepted that I was living on my own, and had attended my graduation ceremony with both Angela and - unfortunately - Hayden, though, technically he was graduating with me and not really attending the ceremony. 

Staring in the mirror, I now reflected on that ceremony which was merely two hours ago, and I was now attempting to prepare for the prom, which was the official last event of my life in high school, and I didn't know how to feel about it. 

My dress was a simple white one that reached to about my knees, and with it I wore black tights, white flats, a red ribbon around my waist, and a short black cardigan over top. 

The white, black, and red color scheme was to match with what my escort was wearing. 

Can you guess who that would be?

"Knock, knock," Speak of the devil, I thought with a smirk as David's voice sounded from the other side of the bathroom door. "I've been ready forever, Colleen, are you almost ready to go?" 

"Oh, stop whining already, I'm done." I called back in response, smiling slightly as I opened the door to reveal David, who was grinning quite a bit. 

He was wearing a white tuxedo with a red vest, which caused me to realize one of the things that I liked about him; while most guys would be wearing a plain black tuxedo, he chose to be unique and stand out, which I found amazing about him. 

If I was being completely honest, during the past couple of months that I had been spending with David, I had grown to develop feelings for him, and if it weren't for the fact that I was afraid of living my life like everyone else, I would admit I had a crush on him. 

"Good, then let's go!" 

~*~*~*~ 

To say I was comfortable at the prom would pretty much be a complete lie. 

Even though I knew almost everyone there, aside from the parents of most of my classmates and some of my other peers that I wasn't really acquainted with, I was still rather uncomfortable just being around so many people. 

"Alright, so, you're going to be dancing with a parent or guardian first, and then you get to dance with me! I don't know about you, but, I'm rather excited." David grinned, to which I gave him a small smile in return. 

"I believe that means the first dance belongs to me, correct?" My father inquired from where he was sitting across the table from me, a table that I unfortunately had to share with Hayden. 

"Yes, of course, who else?" I replied with a smile, standing up and smoothing down my dress as my father pushed himself up from his chair as well and held out his hand. 

I took it, allowing my father to lead me out onto the dance floor, as an unfamiliar song began to play as they graduates and their parents began to dance.