Chapter Eight

(A/N: Okay, so, sorry in advance for the terribly boring chapter. It was necessary.)

Chapter Eight 

The walk wasn't far and we soon reached the small, dark gray colored building called 'The Onyx Falls Service Centre', the words displayed on the large sign above the main entrance. 

Entering the building, I peered around before my eyes landed upon the middle aged woman seated behind the front desk, her eyes squinting at something on her computer screen as she total ignored mine and David's existence. 

"Excuse me," David called out, approaching the front desk as he seemed to sense that I disliked speaking to people. "My friend and I are here to speak to someone about getting her DSS/D Identification Card." 

"That'd be Lucy," She spoke, her eyes flickered up lazily to meet his, before she gestured with a thumb to a hallway to her right. "Last door on the right." 

David nodded a thank you to the woman, before he turned to look down at me, which most people had to do. 

"Do you want me to come in with you?" He inquired, and I grimaced sheepishly, turning to look anxiously down the hall. "I'll take that as a yes?" 

"I... I-If you don't mind..." I mumbled weakly, and David grinned before placing a hand on my back and beginning to direct me down the hall. 

"Excuse me, you two," The woman at the desk called, causing us both to turn to look at her. "If you're getting her card, only she can go into the interview." 

"Oh..." David pouted lightly, before turning to look at me with a small smile. "Sorry, kid, I guess you'll have to go in by yourself. Its not hard though, you'll be fine." 

With those words, he nudged me in the direct of the woman's office, before turning and making his way to one of the chairs in the main room to sit. 

Taking a deep breath, I ventured down the hall until I reached the last door on the right, which was open, revealing a friendly looking young woman, seated behind a desk, typing something into her laptop. 

As I entered, she looked up and gave me a friendly smile, prompting me to think that maybe this wouldn't be that bad. 

"Hello, how may I help you today? Well, that's actually a dumb question for me to ask, as I assume you're here to get your DSS/D Identification Card. Would I be correct?" She inquired, and I nodded sheepishly, prompting her to gesture to the chair opposite her. "Take a seat." 

The sassy part of me was tempted to literally take a seat, like, pick it up and leave the room with it, but, my better judgment suggested I shouldn't do that, so, I simply sat down in the chair. 

"Alright, now, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, there's not many that go on the identification card," She explained, before glancing at her computer and clicking a couple of times, before turning back to me. "That's okay with you?" 

I nodded, thinking that obviously questions would be good with me or else I wouldn't have come into this interview. 

"Okay, first off, what's your name? Just first and last, we don't put middle names on the card." 

"Colleen Terry," I told her, before pausing for a second and figuring I should help her. "C-O-L-L-E-E-N, then Terry is just T-E-R-R-Y." 

"Okay, thank you," She nodded, smiling as she typed the information into the computer. "Date of birth would be net, day, month, and year in order." 

"The twenty first of October, 1998." I replied, watching her nod, typing it on the keyboard as she repeated it softly to herself. 

"Okay, next is parentage. I need your father's name, first and last, and whether he was Dominant or Submissive, and the same with your mother's."