Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine 

The interview at the library took no time at all. 

They didn't even care in the slightest that I didn't have a résumé or any past experience, I was the only person that had come in for the job, so, they gave it to me right away. 

"Well, that went well, don't you think?" I looked to David for approval as I happily exited the library, walking down the steps and onto the path leading to the sidewalk. 

"Yes, I agree, it went well, and I'm proud of you, after all, you didn't walk into the door this time!" David praised, clapping his hands together in mock excitement, causing me to swat at him lightly, not even his annoyingness being able to dampen my cheerful mood. 

"Don't be a butt," I scolded him, looking around the area before turning to look up at him. "So, where to now, Mr. Connelly?" 

"I was hoping that we could go for our coffee now. Or tea. Or hot chocolate. Or alcohol." 

"What?" I blinked. 

"Nothing," David grinned, before looking around. "I know there's a little café that's not far from here, if you want to head on down there?" 

"Yes, of course... is it expensive?" I wondered, and David shrugged. 

"It doesn't matter, because I'm paying for it," He told me, and I was about to object, but, David covered my mouth with his hand, preventing me from doing it. "Don't even think about trying to convince me otherwise, child. It's not up for debate." 

"...w-well, if you really want to, I guess," I agreed softly, looking down awkwardly at my feet. "I really don't want you wasting your money on me, though." 

"Oh, please, it's not wasting if you're doing something you enjoy," He waved my concerns away, before his expression changed, and his eyes lit up as though he had just thought of something wonderful. "You know what? Screw coffee, I have a better idea!" 

"A better idea? What might that be?" I pondered, and David rubbed his hands together in anticipation, grinning like a fool. 

"I think we should go see a movie," He suggested, turning to study my reaction to his words. "That really sounds much more entertaining that something as mediocre and cliché as coffee... or tea, or hot chocolate." 

"I suppose it does sound more entertaining, so, I don't see why not, I mean... if you really want to then we can..." I nodded, and David's face just lit up as I agreed. 

"Great! There's one movie that I've been looking forward to seeing, it looks really good," He clapped his hands together, smiling happily at me, before he paused and looked back at me. "I mean, I'm not sure how much you'll like it... if you don't want to see it we can definitely watch something else instead." 

"No, I'm sure its fine," I assured him, sticking my hands into my coat pocket. "What movie is it?" 

"It's called 'Kitten'... have you heard of it?" He tilted his head to the side curiously as I nodded curtly, knowing very well what that movie was about. 

Obviously most movies made had something to do with BDSM, and Kitten was one of them, it was mainly about 'Pet Play', which was basically sexual role play with one of the participants, usually the Submissive, being the 'pet'. 

"So... would you mind going to watch it, than?" He pressed, and I shook my head. 

"No, I wouldn't mind. I've seen movies like this before, my family watches them, so, its nothing new to me, really. If you want to watch it than I will gladly come with you to see it." I smiled, and my words seemed to make his expression light up completely.